Nap time

UPS4Life

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437115637.776342.jpg

Glad the driver wasn't seriously injured, this could have been a lot worse! Happened over the bay in Maryland.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Close-Call-for-UPS-Truck-on-MD-Bridge-125627918.html

MaceFremonti

That was back in 2011...that bridge is horrible though, only one lane each direction, no shoulder, and always windy. First time I went over it I was pulling a 53' full of empty Canon print cartridges. I enjoyed it so much I took 95 north to the DC Beltway during rush hour on the way back to avoid it!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Maybe this feeder driver was napping. He was pulled over on the side of the interstate when another truck clipped the corner.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437187157.672558.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we had a driver get blown over and he was charged with an accident. they said he was going too fast for conditions. now when there is a wind advisory he calls out. they don't like that either. you cant win with these people.

govols019

You smell that?
...yet people here give me a hard time when I criticize feeder drivers regardless of employer who pull over on the side of the highway rather than at an approved rest area/truck stop...

No, people give you a hard time because you have a pathological need to comment on things you have no knowledge of.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, people give you a hard time because you have a pathological need to comment on things you have no knowledge of.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows just how unsafe it is to pull over on the side of the interstate, especially with an 18 wheeler.

I especially love the idiots who insist upon pulling an 18 wheeler on to the wrong side of the street while making a delivery and then forcing their way back in to traffic when they are done. Morons.