nashville ice

I realize u guys are old timers and I would like to think I could have been one if I were older. I realize my "sob story" is probably much needed comic relief from a career doing exactly what I was doing for $15 more an hour and 6 weeks vacay in your prime. The thing is, you are are a generation behind me. So you dont care about my generation. There will be those who skate by on figuring everything out themselves or being more "likeable" and gaining extra cushion. My story can still happen to anyone of them and anyones loved ones around a ups truck who rightfully believes that driver is aware of every hazard and plausibly assumes there will be a warning in the event of the 70,000 to 1 odds of a freak situation/ accident. Theres no excuse for zero online training, no excuse for no delivery training on actual deliveries, no excuse for zero sup or trainer tests on methods on a route. Its just not sexy so it hasnt made it into union demands and negotiations. Its almost like it threatens manhood or something. So fine, make your $93k a year with great insurance and feel like you run the world. Real men think of others and think of common sense. Not having any chance to catch a mistake
or prevent this accident via training and/or alarms does not make any common sense. If it had cost a life- is that worth all of your posturing? since u guys are "real
men"- no microwave,
no plumbing, no cars, no insurance.
no union making ups pay and insure you well. you're just on your own.
no one needs to consider you and you dont need to consider anyone else.
real men live texas style in a sub zero blizzard!
You are so misguided it's pathetic.

It's old-timers are the ones that voted no on this contract so that we didn't have a two-car wage in place

You young pinks are too lazy to spend 15 seconds to vote on the contract that will affect the rest of your life .
So I don't feel sorry for your one bit

I realize u guys are old timers and I would like to think I could have been one if I were older. I realize my "sob story" is probably much needed comic relief from a career doing exactly what I was doing for $15 more an hour and 6 weeks vacay in your prime. The thing is, you are are a generation behind me. So you dont care about my generation. There will be those who skate by on figuring everything out themselves or being more "likeable" and gaining extra cushion. My story can still happen to anyone of them and anyones loved ones around a ups truck who rightfully believes that driver is aware of every hazard and plausibly assumes there will be a warning in the event of the 70,000 to 1 odds of a freak situation/ accident. Theres no excuse for zero online training, no excuse for no delivery training on actual deliveries, no excuse for zero sup or trainer tests on methods on a route. Its just not sexy so it hasnt made it into union demands and negotiations. Its almost like it threatens manhood or something. So fine, make your $93k a year with great insurance and feel like you run the world. Real men think of others and think of common sense. Not having any chance to catch a mistake
or prevent this accident via training and/or alarms does not make any common sense. If it had cost a life- is that worth all of your posturing? since u guys are "real
men"- no microwave,

You should keep trying to convince us it's not your fault.

11.19igrad

A high school diploma doesn't count, this job is mindless. I've seen the dumbest mother*ers make it. Zero education required. ZERO.
so lets take your car , pop the hood and lets just start twisting stuff, pulling cables just anything we can finagle lets have at it because we are men!
if it has a twisty thingy or it comes loose if we pull it then yeah thats what we are supposed to do cause we know everything. we dont need mechanics!
lets turn 6years old again!
lets rip out all the fire and burglar alarms! we are men!
chefs dont need to learn how to make you a good steak in culinary school! just let them fry the bitch until they get a good feeling! thermometers are for women!
heck no building codes!
no schools no universities!
no one needs to learn anything to do anything properly! stop teaching eachother!!! stop learning! stop practicing!!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
men"- no microwave,
7413A9CE-3EEF-4CBD-A7CB-E94A8CAC3EC5.gif

watdaflock?

so lets take your car , pop the hood and lets just start twisting stuff, pulling cables just anything we can finagle lets have at it because we are men!
if it has a twisty thingy or it comes loose if we pull it then yeah thats what we are supposed to do cause we know everything. we dont need mechanics!
chefs dont need to learn how to make you a good steak in culinary school! just let them fry the bitch until they get a good feeling! thermometers are for women!
heck no building codes!
no one needs to learn anything to do anything properly! stop teaching eachother!!! stop learning! stop practicing!!!
Quit posting after drinking heavily.

Hope this helps.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
heck no building codes!

If it makes you feel better, we got a PCM on how to adjust the handbrake last year. Clearly someone at my center read your posts.

heck no building codes!

Awful post. I hope you don't offer an accurate representation of your generation.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
men"- no microwave,
Off topic. Reported.

Grindstone

They told us to bring it in at 19:30. I still had around 60 or so stops on my truck. Top notch customer service. I was hoping I'd run out of DOT hrs by Friday.

Integrity

Binge Poster
men"- no microwave,
You make some good points.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
i had parked hundreds of them by now. I didn't give it a 2nd thought. And it does take SOME education for any job in which you can earn $80k. U can't take shortcuts and this is what UPS cant stand -so they take them anyway.
Did we work at the same UPS? 80,000… All the drivers I covered bitched and moaned incessantly about overtime and how being past 120,000 they were basically working for Uncle Sam