Nastiest, filthiest, most gross place on your route.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is a hog farm on my route that is basically an ocean of mud. The local Samoan/Polynesian community likes to go there to buy freshly killed whole hogs for a "Luau" or whatever they call it. I was next door making a delivery once and I looked over and saw the farmer wearing a bathrobe and knee high rubber boots, hiking thru the mud with a 12 gauge shotgun, while the pigs squealed and scrambled around in the filth. He selected a hog, shot it in the head, tied a rope around it, and then drug it out of there with a tractor and dumped the carcass into the back of a waiting pickup. Some big Samoan guy handed him a few hundred $$ in cash, and they drove away with it while it was still steaming. Never even gutted it, I guess they do that later. It was like watching "deliverance" in real life.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
There is a hog farm on my route that is basically an ocean of mud. The local Samoan/Polynesian community likes to go there to buy freshly killed whole hogs for a "Luau" or whatever they call it. I was next door making a delivery once and I looked over and saw the farmer wearing a bathrobe and knee high rubber boots, hiking thru the mud with a 12 gauge shotgun, while the pigs squealed and scrambled around in the filth. He selected a hog, shot it in the head, tied a rope around it, and then drug it out of there with a tractor and dumped the carcass into the back of a waiting pickup. Some big Samoan guy handed him a few hundred $$ in cash, and they drove away with it while it was still steaming. Never even gutted it, I guess they do that later. It was like watching "deliverance" in real life.
NICE!!:sick:

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
I was a runner for a couple years with the same driver each year. One lady had dog crap all over the place. It was near impossible not to step in it. We called her her Miss Dogpile, sweet lady.

over9five

Staff member
I'm glad " OUR " bathrooms were mentioned. There is one bathroom in our hub next to ODC and air sort, That is used by this one individual Dubbed " The Mad Shiddah " He uses this bathroom every night between 9-10PM. After this person makes use of the said bathroom it goes on quarantine for the next 12 hours, God help you if your in the bathroom when hell breaks loose or within 10 feet of the bathroom door. This man is truly not human and needs to be avoided at all cost!!

MFB gave me a live version of this story the other night. The situation is far worse than you've read here!!!!

bigblu 2 you

got a guy who lives in a school bus 1 mile up a hollow on the side of a mountain.have to park and walk up a path to his bus.crap piled everywhere weeds all around it,when he comes to the door it smells like a 50 gallon drum of :censored2:. i keep spare stylus's for him.after he signs i tell to keep it.once he wasnt home i asked a neighbor about him they said a copperhead snake got in his bus and bit him,i felt bad for the snake.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
on my route it's definitely the Wal-Mart bathroom and our center bathroom is the worse I've ever seen it these days.

M

Mike23

I think my pkg car is the nastiest place to be on my route. Come home covered in black stuff, lips are always dry from dirt floating around, garbage hasn't been washed out in a year.

Yep, big rolling turd.

overallowed

While I deliver to both a water treatment plant and even some farms llike to spread manure on a fairly regular basis the grossest place is probably the ladies trailer that I deliver to and it smells like piss even though she has no visible animals around and even worse she looks like the mom from Throw Momma From the train and the one time she came to the door with a holey t-shirt on with her nipple poking thru one of the holes. I should not have ate lunch before that stop that particular day.

It sounds like you deliver to my ex-wife. Seriously.

overallowed

QVC queens who also hoard cats, or just cat hoarders. Summer heat and urine from cats, run, drop, run. No way do I want to be there when the door opens.

I had one of these on my route. VERY nasty. She used a walker and gave me standing instructions to just walk in and set pkgs in chair by the door. The stench of cat piss would puke a maggot off a gut wagon. She would get 5-6 QVC pkgs every day. This went on for years. During the heaviest day of peak a few years ago, I was making my normal stop and sent my helper up there. She came back and said I was needed in there. This lady had passed away, the basement and 2 bedrooms were full of this stuff. All unopened. The family wanted to know if they could send it back, as she had maxed out several credit cards. Center mgmt sent the bulk truck up there twice on what is usually a slow day after christmas.

outamyway

I don't have a "route" anymore but the nastiest filthiest place I have been as of late is our hub. It was bad enough when we had an excessive amount of "porters" but now that a couple were laid off, it's just nasty.

And I'm not just talking about the bathrooms.

DS

Fenderbender
I've hesitated posting here because its not so much filthy or gross,it just makes me gag to the point that all I have to do is think about this place and I can smell it.Its a company thats in all the high end malls scattered across the USA ,Canada and the UK.Its called LUSH cosmetics.Its very clean in the plant,but how they can live with that smell every day I don't know.An employee told me they were evicted from a mall in Vancouver because all the stores surrounding it were permeated with the smell to the point where restaurant patrons were gagging so much they could not eat.
I deliver to the residential area behind the place and I'm sure the property value has been reduced in the area due to the smell.It looks like nice place to work other than that with pingpong tables and a helpful laid back staff.I could not work there.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Another place I dread delivering to are these nail salon places. The smell is incredible and how women spend hours in there is mind boggling. I often wonder how dangerous those fumes are even though nail techs use those surgical masks.

M

Mike23

Another place I dread delivering to are these nail salon places. The smell is incredible and how women spend hours in there is mind boggling. I often wonder how dangerous those fumes are even though nail techs use those surgical masks.

I hear you on that one. I have three in my area! All the people are super nice in them though.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have a herbal store (not open to the public-they ship out bulk orders, sage incense and such) here that gets deliveries and a pickup everyday. The store isn't bad but the smell gives me an instant headache. I can't stand to be in the store more than a minute or two. :sick:

wornoutupser

I had the priviledge of watching a county sheriff blow away a cow with a shotgun in the middle of a pasture one day.
I asked them about it a few days later and he said " you saw that?"