National Anthem at NFC Championship Game

wkmac

I noticed watching the singing of the national anthem that the crowd booed, then cheered, then booed, then cheered, then booed while they never showed a full shot of the field with the flag displayed. The singer (sorry don't know who she is) did a nice job so I'm pretty certain it wasn't her (if it was then SF needs an appearance by Roseanne Barr LOL!) but it was clear looking at the TV shots of mostly the players on the sidelines, we were not allowed to see the cause of the boos and cheers. Anybody got the skinny?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I noticed watching the singing of the national anthem that the crowd booed, then cheered, then booed, then cheered, then booed while they never showed a full shot of the field with the flag displayed. The singer (sorry don't know who she is) did a nice job so I'm pretty certain it wasn't her (if it was then SF needs an appearance by Roseanne Barr LOL!) but it was clear looking at the TV shots of mostly the players on the sidelines, we were not allowed to see the cause of the boos and cheers. Anybody got the skinny?
Was it the OWS people? They are planning on doing something at the Super Bowl. Maybe they started early.

wkmac

I noticed it too, not sure why though. Kinda classless to boo during the National Anthem if you ask me.

I'm not a national anthem kinda guy but I got pissed at first thinking it was towards the singer but as I watched I could tell it was something else. Even appeared the singer picked up on it and made her efforts more dramatic. If she was compensating for something on the ground there, she did good.

More,

Being in Frisco is another reason I asked. Actually I was hoping it was Pelosi streaking!

And the thought that most people who just read that have just eaten supper makes it all the more delightful!

:rofl:

texan

I noticed this also. They were booing because the Giant's players were being shown on the Jumbo Tron
during those parts of the Anthem. The crowd also cheered at other points and it seemed to correspond to when the
camera was focused on the 49'ers players.

Look at this video again.

[video=youtube;XIceOfhdc7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIceOfhdc7I[/video]

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I noticed this also. They were booing because the Giant's players were being shown on the Jumbo Tron
during those parts of the Anthem. The crowd also cheered at other points and it seemed to correspond to when the
camera was focused on the 49'ers players.

Look at this video again.

[video=youtube;XIceOfhdc7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIceOfhdc7I[/video]

All jokes aside Texan, thats an excellent example of providing the facts.

Shalom.

island1fox

Texan ,

To get all of us to agree with a common sense presentation of facts was refreshing. I would love to see more of this demonstrated on Current Events. Thank you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
SF has no class. Regardless of what or who was being show on the screen it was in very poor taste to boo about it during the National Anthem. Just for that alone they deserved to lose.

moreluck

golden ticket member
SF has no class. Regardless of what or who was being show on the screen it was in very poor taste to boo about it during the National Anthem. Just for that alone they deserved to lose.

I was always taught respectful silence during the national anthem............those nuns would be on your case if you misbehaved!!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

There are few things, very few things, I have absolutely no tolerance for during the SSB. Those include disrespecting the flag, other players and our soldiers during the performance of our SSB. The moment is sacred.

I was at the first MNF game after 9/11 in Green Bay, WI.
Nothing will ever compare to that experience of Martina McBride singing the SSB.
Nothing will compare to feeling as ONE with everyone in attendence chatting...USA! USA!

When I learned the reason for the boos; I was embarassed to be called a fan of the NFL.

I am done ranting.