National Disruptions and Weather Lines

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The National Weather Service is predicting that 60% of the US will be affected by snow tomorrow. That means that Uncle Fred will have his Weather Lines in full operation. DO NOT call a recorder or "weather line". Report for work at your normally scheduled time... they must pay you if you show-up. The weather is not your problem.

National Disruptions: No matter what your manager tells you, tomorrow (Thursday) will be a total Service Disruption. Straightline your route, even if your manager lies and says you need to make service...you don't have to. Do NOT put yourself through the pain of trying to provide any level of service..do what is easiest for you and allows you to avoid them coming after you for DEX 01s, which are, of course, forbidden in the insane world that is Express.

Be smart. DO NOT play their game and short-change yourself on pay.

CJinx

Weather lines might be illegal where you are from but not necessarily the entire country. Best to advise people to consult their state's laws before following your lead.

DRAisawesome

Upstate. I hear what you are saying there about how you don't get paid if they call you but how often does that happen. I have not worked 3 days in 8 years at express. The problem is that we get nickel and dimed all day long. Today again text to come in 15 min late for sort. Ridiculous. That would never fly at brown and you know that.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Doesn't matter---if they attempt to call you you don't get paid.
Then they'd better call at least an hour before the scheduled start time.

Our stupid manager seems to enjoy finding stupid things for you to do if you start at the scheduled time on a late freight day. He'll send you out with 3 stops over 20 miles away and by the time you get there, it's time to be back for the sort.

Sometimes I just don't feel like going in early and putting up with the idiocies he comes up with. The less I see of him the better.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Upstate. I hear what you are saying there about how you don't get paid if they call you but how often does that happen. I have not worked 3 days in 8 years at express. The problem is that we get nickel and dimed all day long. Today again text to come in 15 min late for sort. Ridiculous. That would never fly at brown and you know that.

Great point. "Hey, take a 3-hour split and come-in 30 minutes later tomorrow", or "you had 13 hours today...don't start tomorrow until 1000 because I don't want you over 50 for the week". Typical, and as you said, nickel and diming you all the freaking time.

UPSers will never "get it" because their contract prevents them from having to swallow this horseshat on a daily basis. The bottom line is that Fred S is a cheap bastard who makes Ebeneezer Scrooge look like a big spender. FedEx is always trying to eff you out of pay. Non-paid BBQs and pizza parties are meetings in disguise, and weather lines are pure theft. Being "flexible" means both doing everything they want and altering your schedule constantly so Fred can save money.

FU, Fred.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Again,
You need to have your daughter teach you how to you how to use a message board.

Maybe you need yours to tell you when to back-off and scratch it. The site glitches from time to time, and I'm sorry I'm imperfect. I deleted the dupe, so now you can sleep tonight.