National Guard

Kinhok2

Hi, did anyone here join the National Guard being 22.4 FT?, if so, how does management deal on weekends that you have to go to the base?

Overpaid Union Thug

Hi, did anyone here join the National Guard being 22.4 FT?, if so, how does management deal on weekends that you have to go to the base?
They just have to deal with it. If you join the army National Guard they will have to let you off on Fridays as well because many army units, both guard/reserves, require that you drill Friday/Saturday/Sunday. And any days you choose to do “annual training”, which is the two weeks per year you hear about in the commercials, they will just have to deal with as well. And also any deployments or additional training.

It’s really that simple except for there are a few types of training that are not protected by law. Which protects you out to five years and only requires that you give your employer a heads up in a “timely manner.” I have noticed that how many days in advance notice people tend to give depends on the initial attitude given by management. 😂

Last One In

A guy in my building is doing a year with the National Guard right now. I would have loved to see the look on their faces when he told them. Priceless.

PT Car Washer

A guy in my building is doing a year with the National Guard right now. I would have loved to see the look on their faces when he told them. Priceless.
Why would management be surprised? Since 9/11 almost every Guard and Reserve unit has been mobilized at least once. This country cannot go to war without the Guard and Reserve.