National Strike Vote

ncupser82

Heard through the grape vine that the IBT may authorize a national strike vote to, hopefully, force local 89 to vote yes! I'm not one to mix in union politics, because really I only care about protection on the local level, but would hate to see us strike over this! What are your thoughts?

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If the Teamsters want local 89 to not be a problem, maybe they should find out what local 89 wants, and fight like hell to get it for them.
Time for Hoffa and Hall to stop playing like they are UPS contract puppets.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the Teamsters want local 89 to not be a problem, maybe they should find out what local 89 wants, and fight like hell to get it for them.
It is pretty sad the national got passed now it seems like everyone has their thumbs up their butt just wasting time.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
The problem is when Fred gets what he asks for then he changes his mind and wants something else. How do you deal with someone that's unreasonable and his Ultimate goal is achieving his political agenda. He's a madman.

realbrown1

The problem is when Fred gets what he asks for then he changes his mind and wants something else. How do you deal with someone that's unreasonable and his Ultimate goal is achieving his political agenda. He's a madman.
I haven't heard that story about Fred. Please tell us all the demands that he has made, then changed his mind.

ncupser82

I'm not sure how it works, but does the IBT also negotiate supplements to the Master? Otherwise I'm not sure Hoffa and Hall have much pull...sounds to me this is more a political hijack. Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but it seems like L89 would like to see this go to a strike!

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

I'm not sure how it works, but does the IBT also negotiate supplements to the Master? Otherwise I'm not sure Hoffa and Hall have much pull...sounds to me this is more a political hijack. Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but it seems like L89 would like to see this go to a strike!

Sent using BrownCafe App
It is really cute that you don't think that Hoffa and Hall are in on the negotiations.
After all, what is at stake for them?

ncupser82

Hey I could give a hoot about the hard ons TDU has for Hoffa, my local has their house in order! We're pissing off management not other Teamsters...what ever happened to solidarity? Never said L89 wasn't allowed to vote the way they want, but in the mean time we are all waiting! It does make us nervous when vote after vote is turned back!

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Hey I could give a hoot about the hard ons TDU has for Hoffa, my local has their house in order! We're pissing off management not other Teamsters...what ever happened to solidarity? Never said L89 wasn't allowed to vote the way they want, but in the mean time we are all waiting! It does make us nervous when vote after vote is turned back!

Sent using BrownCafe App
What's TDU have to do with this conversation?
What does your local have to do with this conversation?
Too damn bad if YOU have a problem with waiting. This isn't about YOU. It's about supporting our brothers and sisters at local 89 and all the other locals that have not settled their supplements yet.
Just remember what team you are on.

ncupser82

Never said I didn't support my brothers and sisters, if they strike I will stand with them. But I'm not in Kentucky so I don't know what they're saying to each other. I only hear what I hear, and like I said before I don't care about the politics as long as my local has my back! I don't care about the raise either, we will get our money when we get our money, but UPS is using this against us! They've found a way to manipulate this old contract new contract thing, and are now violating more than ever before (in my center)! I have supes telling me they don't care about 9.5 because the company made "a zillion dollars last year." So I guess what I was trying to say is I hope the holdup is for a just cause.

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Never said I didn't support my brothers and sisters, if they strike I will stand with them. But I'm not in Kentucky so I don't know what they're saying to each other. I only hear what I hear, and like I said before I don't care about the politics as long as my local has my back! I don't care about the raise either, we will get our money when we get our money, but UPS is using this against us! They've found a way to manipulate this old contract new contract thing, and are now violating more than ever before (in my center)! I have supes telling me they don't care about 9.5 because the company made "a zillion dollars last year." So I guess what I was trying to say is I hope the holdup is for a just cause.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Don't let UPS use this against us. Stand 100% with your teamster brothers and sisters.
As for the 9.5 rule, it doesn't if they agree with it or not (repeat: doesn't matter if your supervisors agree with the 9.5 rule or not) file, file, file and get paid. If they insist on working you over 9.5 repeatedly, you get the overtime hours and the grievance money too. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Island

I would love to strike, but for a real reason. The IBT is not standing behind these itinerant locals, and it wouldn't call a strike to make their demands weightier in their negotiations. That wouldn't really matter on the whole, the rest of us have no reason to strike. We are selfishly happy with what we got (better driver nonsense, no new ft jobs, and continual battering of the pters who are stuck pt). If they can't pass their supplements, though, they may be able to call local strikes. Depending on their local language. I imagine a worldport strike would be a big effin deal but I doubt it will ever happen for something as minuscule as their contract negotiations. Now, if a manager were to beat an employee half to death, then fire them in front of an entire center, worldport would strike the same day.

Stonefish

Here is something to think about. The delays in the ratification from these 4 riders is delaying payments to ALL of the health and welfare funds and also all of the pension funds. How will this affect the funds?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here is something to think about. The delays in the ratification from these 4 riders is delaying payments to ALL of the health and welfare funds and also all of the pension funds. How will this affect the funds?

The delay is only affecting the increased portion of those payments----regular payments are being made as scheduled----any impacts on the funds should be minimal or none at all. The funds will receive a huge influx of cash upon ratification.

Stonefish

The delay is only affecting the increased portion of those payments----regular payments are being made as scheduled----any impacts on the funds should be minimal or none at all. The funds will receive a huge influx of cash upon ratification.
The funds were expecting that money due to increased healthcare costs. What is minimal to you is a lot of money and interest on the money which the funds aren't receiving because of the Riders not passing.

ncupser82

Don't let UPS use this against us. Stand 100% with your teamster brothers and sisters.
As for the 9.5 rule, it doesn't if they agree with it or not (repeat: doesn't matter if your supervisors agree with the 9.5 rule or not) file, file, file and get paid. If they insist on working you over 9.5 repeatedly, you get the overtime hours and the grievance money too. Winner winner chicken dinner.
The extra $ is an added benefit to all of this, but what I really want is to be able to kiss my little girl goodnight before she falls asleep, more than twice a week! This new contract forces the company to sit down with drivers who are consistently over 9.5, not sure deliberating over the route will help, but I feel the protection of the 9.5 language is better! This is why I'm so eager...either way if it takes until August than so be it, just hope that at this point the end result is worth it for all parties (except UPS, they can suck it)!

Sent using BrownCafe App