Need help about having absences???

I have not worked at UPS for over a year so I do not have any time stored so I could take days off. I will more than likely have to be leaving for a funeral here in the next few weeks. My question is will I be punished or even fired if I have to take off and travel to another state? Thank you for any information that can be provided

ncamara

What is the relationship? It's on the contract, depending on the relationship funeral leave may even be paid. Not sure if being there less than a year applies though.

browntroll

have you talked to HR or you sup/manager? i saw one guy with 6 months in get paid paternity leave. he used up 4 weeks and still asked for another
​4 weeks and got them.

Box Ox

You'll probably be fine as long as you get it pre-approved. Just won't get paid for it. Firing an employee for attending a funeral doesn't sound like it's worth having to train new meat.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I have not worked at UPS for over a year so I do not have any time stored so I could take days off. I will more than likely have to be leaving for a funeral here in the next few weeks. My question is will I be punished or even fired if I have to take off and travel to another state? Thank you for any information that can be provided
If it's immediate family (wife, kids, domestic partner, mom, dad, sister or brother) then you get 3 days paid off. You have to show some sort of proof like a mortuary listing or a program from the funeral. This is one of the things UPS is pretty good about. Don't worry about your status.