Need Help ASAP - medical, dental & eye cost for Pilot Group

Hi - my dad is a UPS Pilot, Captain ... He has been a UPS pilot for 25 years and is based in Louisville. He sent my mom (they are divorced) a letter telling her he was cancelling me and my brother from his health insurance policy unless my Mom pays him $2400/yr.

We both are in college. He hasn't paid our tuition, room board & fees as his money goes to pay for penniless 3-time divorced girlfriend. He gave her $20,000 (which she hasn't paid any back) and he now wants to cancel our insurance coverage unless our Mom pays for it.

She doesnt make much money and all we want is an honest answer... What do UPS Pilots pay monthly for insurance for each dependent? We currently have UPS's Cigna -medical and dental and VSP plan.. Is my mom being exploited? Does it really cost $1200/yr per dependent for all 3?

Thank you for your help.. It is greatly appreciated..

UPS Pilot kids....

Last edited by a moderator:

upschuck

I don't know for certain, I am a regular UPS person, but we pay nothing for insurance, I would doubt the pilots pay for their insurance either.

Sorry your dad is an ......

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Most support stays in effect till 22 if they maintain constant schooling

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Father-in-law was one, though. Childhood was a little bumpy, but you make do, and make the best of it.
image.gif

I don't know for certain, I am a regular UPS person, but we pay nothing for insurance, I would doubt the pilots pay for their insurance either.

Sorry your dad is an ......

My father, Captain ******** is not in management. They only recently divorced. She does know UPS payroll deducts for all the health insurance but my dad refuses telling her how much so here I am trying to help her. Any information would be great full. Thank you.

Both kids are in college, so over 18, I'd presume. No child support anymore.

I am 21 and my brother is 18. We both are in college. Health insurance coverage can be maintained by UPS until we are 26. Just 2 days ago my Dad, UPS pilot said he wasn't paying our insurance anymore but goes to Germany with his girlfriend for vacation. My mom will pay premium for what he is being charged but I think he is trying to gouge her. Any answers to what monthly cost is for dependent coverage?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I am 21 and my brother is 18. We both are in college. Health insurance coverage can be maintained by UPS until we are 26. Just 2 days ago my Dad, UPS pilot said he wasn't paying our insurance anymore but goes to Germany with his girlfriend for vacation. My mom will pay premium for what he is being charged but I think he is trying to gouge her. Any answers to what monthly cost is for dependent coverage?
Your daddy sounds like a playa...

upschuck

My father, Captain ******** is not in management. They only recently divorced. She does know UPS payroll deducts for all the health insurance but my dad refuses telling her how much so here I am trying to help her. Any information would be great full. Thank you.
Hourlies in working ranks pay nothing, management pays a few hundred a month, more if they smoke.

Maybe try to call the IPA, and ask them about the exact amount. Not too many UPS pilots on here.