Need help! How can you find out the correct address without street number

Fan

Hello guys! I'm wondering how your guys can find out the delivery address while you're driving 35-45 miles on the road?

Today is my first time to be an air package driver.But I'm afraid this could be my last time......I just screwed it up!Not driving safe,always missed the right place,blablablabla....and all of this comes from the reason I have no idea how far I shall drive after passing by an intersection. Most of time I can only see from the nameplate that what section I'm in.And my sub,who has been living in the city for more than 30 years,knows when to stop and turn. But it seems it's hard for me,who just moved to USA for less than a year,to do that fast.

Today I was so nervous that I drove like an idiot,getting my sup mad. For half year I've been working my 120% as a pt loader for a bright future career in ups.But now it seems to be gone.....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hello guys! I'm wondering how your guys can find out the delivery address while you're driving 35-45 miles on the road?

Today is my first time to be an air package driver.But I'm afraid this could be my last time......I just screwed it up!Not driving safe,always missed the right place,blablablabla....and all of this comes from the reason I have no idea how far I shall drive after passing by an intersection. Most of time I can only see from the nameplate that what section I'm in.And my sub,who has been living in the city for more than 30 years,knows when to stop and turn. But it seems it's hard for me,who just moved to USA for less than a year,to do that fast.

Today I was so nervous that I drove like an idiot,getting my sup mad. For half year I've been working my 120% as a pt loader for a bright future career in ups.But now it seems to be gone.....
Go out this weekend and practice in your own car. Try to find a paper map. Some will show you the order of house numbers , low to high and vice versa. Usually if you're driving out of a town the numbers go up. Pay attention to which side of the street is odd and which is even.

km3

Instead of a plain paper map, I'd recommend trying to find a map book with your area in it if you can. Map books are super easy to use. I'm actually faster at locating stuff with them than I am with my phone/google maps.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Instead of a plain paper map, I'd recommend trying to find a map book with your area in it if you can. Map books are super easy to use. I'm actually faster at locating stuff with them than I am with my phone/google maps.
You're right. That what I meant. I always forget about the fold up maps. Lol.

Fan

Go out this weekend and practice in your own car. Try to find a paper map. Some will show you the order of house numbers , low to high and vice versa. Usually if you're driving out of a town the numbers go up. Pay attention to which side of the street is odd and which is even.
Thanks a lot! I was really surprised when my sub said not to use a phone app,while most of the other air package drivers did...

Fan

The first day driving is the worst...the rest aren't quite as bad.
I'm not really sure if I would have any rest day of not lol....I was told tmr would be the 1st time I drove on my own. And then,when I finished my horrible driving today,my sub said he would call me in the afternoon once he confirmed I could drive tmr. Now he has called me yet. I think I got him really mad today...

I'm not really sure if I would have any rest day of not lol....I was told tmr would be the 1st time I drove on my own. And then,when I finished my horrible driving today,my sub said he would call me in the afternoon once he confirmed I could drive tmr. Now he has called me yet. I think I got him really mad today...
The first day I'd always the worst. You didn't have an accident? Did you?

Fan

The first day I'd always the worst. You didn't have an accident? Did you?
No,not even close. But still he said I was not driving safe...

And to be honest, before I drove today, I only drove the truck for about 30 mins from my 1st road test to 27/Jun when my class finished. 2 weeks after my class finished,I was put at the seat next to him,just to do what he told me to. And then 2 weeks later (13/Aug)I was told to drive with him.But that day I just drove for 3 mins and then he took the wheel back,saying that we could not late for delivering the pkgs.

How is it possible for me to drive as good as him with only half an hour of truck driving experience....I was not taught to drive a big truck like this before I was taught to walk and talk.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You start to learn how the number patterns work and you'll see one address and know the house you're looking for is ten houses up...first few days are horrible then it clicks and it's easy

No,not even close. But still he said I was not driving safe...

And to be honest, before I drove today, I only drove the truck for about 30 mins from my 1st road test to 27/Jun when my class finished. 2 weeks after my class finished,I was put at the seat next to him,just to do what he told me to. And then 2 weeks later (13/Aug)I was told to drive with him.But that day I just drove for 3 mins and then he took the wheel back,saying that we could not late for delivering the pkgs.

How is it possible for me to drive as good as him with only half an hour of truck driving experience....I was not taught to drive a big truck like this before I was taught to walk and talk.
I'm not sure what you did
I've seen them yank newbies off of the road before

Johney

Map books...yea those are great. I always liked how the one blind neighborhood I had was cut up between ten different pages.

Fan

I'm not sure what you did
I've seen them yank newbies off of the road before
forgot to look at the other vehicles were occupied or not,did not make smooth turns and stops,missed right addresses,ran on the curb for 1 time,and forgot to go into centre lane when tried to make a turn.