Need prior emplyoment information and can't get it.

Hi. If anyone can help me with this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I used to work for UPS back in high school, sometime the first half of 2001. I'm applying for a job that requires precise information of your work history and I wanted to get my hire/termination dates from UPS along with my supervisor's name and for the life of me I can't get a hold of anyone that can give it to me. Is there no other way besides PAYING for an account with theworknumber.com? Am I really going to have to pay to get my own information? I was hoping to talk to someone in HR but when I called the UPS main number and the woman, who I was sorry I had to pry and pry for information, would only give me the number to theworknumber.com.

Anyone got an ideas where I can go besides paying?

over9five

Staff member
Don't you still have your tax records for '01? Look at the dates on your pay stubs.

...and if you don't, just estimate! If you can't get your own records from UPS, do you think your new employer will be able to?!??!?

No, I don't have tax records from '01. And sadly, estimating won't do. They use background investigators that will probably pay for the records, which I'm trying to avoid doing because I'd be paying a good chunk of money for my own information, of which I only need a few dates and names.

over9five

Staff member
How much is that "worknumber" place? Too bad if you have to do that.

Keep checking back here, tho. Lots of good people here, someone may come up with an idea for you.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hi. If anyone can help me with this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I used to work for UPS back in high school, sometime the first half of 2001. I'm applying for a job that requires precise information of your work history and I wanted to get my hire/termination dates from UPS along with my supervisor's name and for the life of me I can't get a hold of anyone that can give it to me. Is there no other way besides PAYING for an account with theworknumber.com? Am I really going to have to pay to get my own information? I was hoping to talk to someone in HR but when I called the UPS main number and the woman, who I was sorry I had to pry and pry for information, would only give me the number to theworknumber.com.

Anyone got an ideas where I can go besides paying?

Hmmmm, well, I believe FL is a RTW state, so if you didn't join the union, I doubt they would have records (of dues/fees). So either:

1. Make your best guess at when you started/ended, and enter as month/2001 to month/2001 with a disclaimer that it is to the best of your recollection (it has been 8 years).
  2. Spend the $$. If you don't get this job, at least you'll have the info for your next application/resume/C.V. etc.
As I recall, it wasn't all that expensive for verification, I think it was about $30 about 18 mos. ago (but I didn't actually need to use it, just researched it and set it up so the enquiring party could have access if they chose to pay for it).

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Jacob, I am not getting you. Do you no longer live in the area? That I would understand. Call the 800#. I know it's a PITA but you seem to need the information. If you aren't in the area anymore go to a local center. The hubs will have an HR on site, the smaller centers will still have an office with people that you can talk to face to face. You will get faster results. They have access to numbers that you need. You may have to do some leg work, call this number to get that number, etc.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I live in the area, but my work hours don't give me a good time to get over there. If need be, I may just have to take the hit to go over there, but it seems kind of overkill and unnecessary if I can get it done with a phone call. I called the verification people and got their voice menu, but I was able to get them to send me a report, but it will take 15 days or more and this is a bit more time sensitive than that.

Again, thanks for the help.

sweetpea

Jacob, try this number 904 693 8510/8214/8207- if this is the not the right number they can give you the right number it's in the area, not sure how long your info is kept for HR to see may only be 5 years