Need shop steward?

Kis124

My unloader has poor attendance. We have a new ft sup and a new preload manager. The ft sup came up to my unloader and was giving him a verbal warning. In front of me. I had told him earlier to make sure he asked for the steward, so he did. He was told one wasn't needed for a verbal warning. Then asked him to sign a paper stating he received the warning. Glanced over to me and i shook my head no. So he refused. So my question is, a shop steward should be present for ALL forms of discipline, correct?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
My unloader has poor attendance. We have a new ft sup and a new preload manager. The ft sup came up to my unloader and was giving him a verbal warning. In front of me. I had told him earlier to make sure he asked for the steward, so he did. He was told one wasn't needed for a verbal warning. Then asked him to sign a paper stating he received the warning. Glanced over to me and i shook my head no. So he refused. So my question is, a shop steward should be present for ALL forms of discipline, correct?
If he wants union representation and was not given it , there is about to be an even newer sup, because that one will be gone.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
A steward should be present for all forms of discipline, verbal or otherwise. A steward should be present even if there is the slightest chance that a discussion with a sup might lead to discipline.

The sup knows this. Once you request a steward, he needs to immediately stop his line of questioning or discussion until a steward is present. Not only would he be violating the contract if he continued without a steward present, he would also be violating the law.

I've seen many, many sups transferred, not to be seen again, for this exact issue.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
My unloader has poor attendance. We have a new ft sup and a new preload manager. The ft sup came up to my unloader and was giving him a verbal warning. In front of me. I had told him earlier to make sure he asked for the steward, so he did. He was told one wasn't needed for a verbal warning. Then asked him to sign a paper stating he received the warning. Glanced over to me and i shook my head no. So he refused. So my question is, a shop steward should be present for ALL forms of discipline, correct?[/QUOTE

Good for you to help the other. Maybe you can ask to become a representative for your part timers. Should never sign anything without a Stewart or BA