Need some advice...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yup......and then if they don’t give you a steward....Don’t fight it.....tell them whatever they want to hear.....then file that your weingarten right were violated....and attach every grievance you can to that first grievance.......It’s BEAUTIFUL. I’ve done this....They will not even speak to me with out a steward.....I LOVE it
If they deny you a steward...and management will not say whether or not you may be disciplined as a result of the meeting...you can read them your weingarten rights....stay and listen to what management has to say...but do NOT respond to any questions asked of you.

Last edited:

OPTION3

If they deny you a steward...and management will not say whether or not you may be disciplined as a result of the meeting...you can read them your weingarten rights....stay and listen to what management has to say...but do NOT respond to any questions asked of you.
anything disciplinary in nature that happens to you as a result of weingarten violation is voided....Hence anything you say(wouldn’t admit to anything especially a cardinal “sin”) will be thrown out at ANY panel....thats not even getting into lawsuits

tacken

Take notes every day on what happens. And when you are called in open up your note book give them the time date who you spoke with.Always have A steward with you,always.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
anything disciplinary in nature that happens to you as a result of weingarten violation is voided....Hence anything you say(wouldn’t admit to anything especially a cardinal “sin”) will be thrown out at ANY panel....thats not even getting into lawsuits
Agreed....but I still wouldn't answer their questions if they denied me having a steward or at least an hourlie witness present.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was trying to do the right thing.

What 'right thing?'

You seem to be stuck on that. As long as you are stuck on that, you will continue to have problems. You used poor judgement listening to a consignee and continued to use poor judgement when you saw it might not work, but tried to force it through.

A driver working their 30 days cannot afford to use poor judgement.

It might be late now, but a question for your supe would be, "What would have happened if I had ECd that package and brought it back?"

Either ECing it or walking it off would have been the thing to do. More than a 1/4 mile walk, I would have ECd it or called the consignee and asked that they met you at the gate.

It is really easy to backseat quarterback this stuff, just trying to offer up some 'what would I do' and 'what I have done.'

Hood83

It's just crazy to me that ups seems to try and screw they're employees every chance they get. Makes no sense.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hood83

Why does there always have to be some know it all :censored2: with nothing better to do then talk :censored2: and be negative. The dudes driveway is fine and he told me to drive down it. Nearly half of the route was like...

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If the driveway is fine why did you need to be towed?

Try to keep up, Dave. The guy stated he's in Texas. Much of the southwest has had a lot of rain in the last couple days. The home owner told him to come on in. He got stuck!

Not every area has four-lane paved driveways like the BOG.

OPTION3

10418453_932256863471031_6437643737083809145_n.jpg