Need some qualification clarification

Diskoalafied

Since I can't get a straight answer out of anyone at my building, I'm hoping someone here can shed a little light on the situation I just dealt with during the seasonal period...

I was hired as a seasonal driver. I went to the driver school the week before Thanksgiving and my first day at my building was the Monday after. During that time I worked as a shuttle driver. I only drove a rental box truck, and only 2-3 times did I get behind the wheel of a package car, but only to shuttle packages, never on a route. At the end of peak my supervisor asked me to stay on, telling me the building needs cover drivers and within two weeks I'd start training on routes.

During those two weeks I'm still working each day, but as a helper. I would punch in on a board each morning and was assigned a route, yet a supervisor would do all of the driving and I would just walk the packages and get signatures. After those two weeks, we had an identical discussion to the previous one. I was told to hang out for two weeks more and then I'd start training on a route. I worked maybe 3 more days after that, still only as a helper with a supervisor doing all of the driving.

Every morning during PCM boss man would make an announcement that the building was really in need of cover drivers. He said he'd do on the spot interviews for anyone we recommended and came to talk to him, so I know they need drivers. At the end of the second week I get a call from HR saying I didn't qualify as a driver and would I be interested in working preload? I was a little confused about this, so I approached the supervisor. He told me don't worry about that, and I'd be training within (yet another) two weeks.

I only worked one more day after that. Same gig.. I'm assigned the route, but the supervisor does all the driving. Then one morning I get a text from the supervisor.. "sorry you never qualified as a driver, you can work preload until next year when you can try again".. and that was it. He stopped responding to texts and was dodging my calls. HR lady calls me a few days later and wants to know why I haven't been showing up for preload shifts? I told her the situation and her response was "this all seems very strange". Next morning I'm asked to turn in my uniforms. Mind you, they're still in need of drivers, and even have an ad online right now saying so.

Nobody will give me any answers and I'm obviously confused by the whole situation. I have a feeling that I was being used and taken advantage of, but I'm not sure. How is it that iican "not qualify" as a driver if I never once even tried? Whateve the case, I can't do the preload because of the hours so I guess I'm done at UPS. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Since I can't get a straight answer out of anyone at my building, I'm hoping someone here can shed a little light on the situation I just dealt with during the seasonal period...

I was hired as a seasonal driver. I went to the driver school the week before Thanksgiving and my first day at my building was the Monday after. During that time I worked as a shuttle driver. I only drove a rental box truck, and only 2-3 times did I get behind the wheel of a package car, but only to shuttle packages, never on a route. At the end of peak my supervisor asked me to stay on, telling me the building needs cover drivers and within two weeks I'd start training on routes.

During those two weeks I'm still working each day, but as a helper. I would punch in on a board each morning and was assigned a route, yet a supervisor would do all of the driving and I would just walk the packages and get signatures. After those two weeks, we had an identical discussion to the previous one. I was told to hang out for two weeks more and then I'd start training on a route. I worked maybe 3 more days after that, still only as a helper with a supervisor doing all of the driving.

Every morning during PCM boss man would make an announcement that the building was really in need of cover drivers. He said he'd do on the spot interviews for anyone we recommended and came to talk to him, so I know they need drivers. At the end of the second week I get a call from HR saying I didn't qualify as a driver and would I be interested in working preload? I was a little confused about this, so I approached the supervisor. He told me don't worry about that, and I'd be training within (yet another) two weeks.

I only worked one more day after that. Same gig.. I'm assigned the route, but the supervisor does all the driving. Then one morning I get a text from the supervisor.. "sorry you never qualified as a driver, you can work preload until next year when you can try again".. and that was it. He stopped responding to texts and was dodging my calls. HR lady calls me a few days later and wants to know why I haven't been showing up for preload shifts? I told her the situation and her response was "this all seems very strange". Next morning I'm asked to turn in my uniforms. Mind you, they're still in need of drivers, and even have an ad online right now saying so.

Nobody will give me any answers and I'm obviously confused by the whole situation. I have a feeling that I was being used and taken advantage of, but I'm not sure. How is it that iican "not qualify" as a driver if I never once even tried? Whateve the case, I can't do the preload because of the hours so I guess I'm done at UPS. Thanks in advance for your insight.
What do preload hours interfere with?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
TCD is a seniority thing... You would have to work part time for a while (likely up to a year) The rest is management hype, never believe anything that comes out of a pcm.
You could try working a few months before peak in order to not be a seasonal and build seniority for February bids fyi.

Utahloader

Take it to the union, if your stewart wont help you go above his head. Management has accounts on here, so be careful who you listen to. Damn snakes in the grass.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
379FBD82-7F59-4D3F-B955-B0EC4C1994CA.gif
Take it to the union, if your stewart wont help you go above his head. Management has accounts on here, so be careful who you listen to. Damn snakes in the grass.

WAT!!!