need to sign up for STD. having surgery , but through who?

upsBoyz314

where do we go to request time off in advance . Upsers, workday or just ask my Sup? also Im going out for surgery and need to apply for my STD . who do I apply for that with. Hartford told me not them, teamcare said not them. So the only one left would be call the teamsters union and go through them?

Thanks

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The Hartford
You have to file a claim through them for std
Whoever you talked to at the Hartford is an idiot

charm299

where do we go to request time off in advance . Upsers, workday or just ask my Sup? also Im going out for surgery and need to apply for my STD . who do I apply for that with. Hartford told me not them, teamcare said not them. So the only one left would be call the teamsters union and go through them?

Thanks
Print out the papers on Hartford website, then bring them to your doctor to fill out. He then faxes them back to Hartford

pkgdriver

It may depend on where you are located at. The teamcare site has three links on STD in the forms and documents section.
Theres a Hartford number and other information. Its been 7 years since I used it. I had to notify the UPS HRSC to begin the FMLA back then. This STD income may be taxable since UPS pays for it.

Cowboy Mac

Thanks
Never trust your supervisors they will lie to you when it comes to injuries, accidents, disability, medical, etc.

Drink Craft Beer

Make sure to call Union Hall and tell them you're going to be off. That way when you get back to work, they won't take double dues out of your future checks.