Needed a day off for a funeral.

OptimusPrime

Told my OCS as timely as I could, and he said it was fine. Asked if he needed proof, and he said no, it was fine. Wasn't direct family, so I won't get paid, it was my aunt. My question is then is this treated as an occurrence? Like say a month from now, if I get sick, am I going to catch grief because I basically had a call in four weeks ago?

UPSGUY72

Told my OCS as timely as I could, and he said it was fine. Asked if he needed proof, and he said no, it was fine. Wasn't direct family, so I won't get paid, it was my aunt. My question is then is this treated as an occurrence? Like say a month from now, if I get sick, am I going to catch grief because I basically had a call in four weeks ago?

Do you have a problem with attendance ??? I don't know why anyone would ask a question like this unless they like to call in a lot...

porkwagon

I doubt you will catch grief especially if you are reporting to the same person. If not, who cares! They'll get over it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Do you have a problem with attendance ??? I don't know why anyone would ask a question like this unless they like to call in a lot...

Yeah we only had one person lose a job over this. They called in on average 2-3 days a week for like 3 months straight.

OptimusPrime

I don't have an attendance problem, so go eat a barrel full of *****. With a side of ************* Probably some salty ****. . The reason I ask is because I don't wont BS bureaucracy causing me grief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Called in one day the first week of January 2013. When I returned the next day I got my verbal warning for missing 7 days in 7 months. The reason my center manager said 7 months instead of 9, is because he would've had to include the month my wife passed away.

center manager, "You've been missing a lot of time lately. You've missed 7 days in 7 months".

Me, "Umm, my wife died 9 months ago".

center manager, "Do you think you can improve on that"?

Me, "Sure, I'm doing much better now".

​I used to care about UPS...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Called in one day the first week of January 2013. When I returned the next day I got my verbal warning for missing 7 days in 7 months. The reason my center manager said 7 months instead of 9, is because he would've had to include the month my wife passed away.

center manager, "You've been missing a lot of time lately. You've missed 7 days in 7 months".

You know, if I didn't work here, I wouldn't believe that. Glad I'm on short time.

Stay strong Diz.

​Ted

nope. If you have attendance problems this occurrence can be explained and thrown out. Family is always first.

You should call your steward when this happens. If he is worth half a grain of salt he can nip this in the bud and get an apology the next day. Inform your steward I bet he would be pissed as friend¥(k. I know I am.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Actually, it didn't really bother me that much. I have told that story to anyone who has a minute to listen. I've gotten more satisfaction from that, than any apology.

Actually, it didn't really bother me that much. I have told that story to anyone who has a minute to listen. I've gotten more satisfaction from that, than any apology.
If that was one of my guys I'd be asking questions on Wednesday. I'm going to ask my center manager just on principal.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Get on intermittent FMLA.
They will hate it.

Did you take some time off. If not I would call the 1 800 number, the company has to answer to that sheet. I would only use it if absolutely nessasery. In this case it is absolutely nessasery.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Did you take some time off. If not I would call the 1 800 number, the company has to answer to that sheet. I would only use it if absolutely nessasery. In this case it is absolutely nessasery.
I missed a week when she passed away. It was my choice to come back then. On a side note: My center manager at that time never said a word to me about my wife when I returned to work.

balland chain

The best thing all employees can do to protect themselves from UPS either writing them up, or being given a verbal warning is to download the FMLA (family medical leave act) forms take them to your doctor, explain that you have headaches, or suffer from work related stress -anxiety, and submit the forms (fax) to UPS after the Doctor fills them out.. UPS can do nothing as you will be protected by the federal government. You will be given a certain number of days based on the number of hours you worked the previous year. I started doing this three years ago, and will do it until the day I retire. I use every day that I am allowed to every single year. All you have to do is call the UPS FMLA phone number an d report you are using a FMLA day, then call your center and tell them. If they give you guff, they are in violation of the law. I highly recommend this to all drivers to CYA....