Needs tips on becoming a driver

Hi guys so I been a unloader for the last two years.i work at ups hodgkins il it a feclicty with no package cars only feeder cars.but know I'm ready to make the real money as a ups driver .I know a guy I use to work with who became a driver after 8 months but he went out had a accident and got fired so my question how hard is the job and is it for everyone. Don't get me wrong I no stranger to hard work I a unloader after all.but I don't want to go driving and lose my job with ups can you guys give me a few tips on becoming a successful ups driver

By The Book

Hi guys so I been a unloader for the last two years.i work at ups hodgkins il it a feclicty with no package cars only feeder cars.but know I'm ready to make the real money as a ups driver .I know a guy I use to work with who became a driver after 8 months but he went out had a accident and got fired so my question how hard is the job and is it for everyone. Don't get me wrong I no stranger to hard work I a unloader after all.but I don't want to go driving and lose my job with ups can you guys give me a few tips on becoming a successful ups driver
First, if this is your name and other identifiable information, take the thread down and start over, annonomously. Talk to the guy you used to work with might help. If you don't succeed, you usually go back to where you are working....if this helps.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
First, consider changing your username and avatar, as this isn't Facebook or eHarmony. But as far as becoming a driver goes, just sign the bid sheet the next time an opening goes up. It'll go by seniority but as long as you fill the criteria you're in.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I just wanted to know if it a hard job and if being a unloader kind of get you ready for the hard work as a deliver driver because I work at a factory with no package cars

Such as?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Since I am not perfect, I have asked plenty of stupid questions in my lifetime.
Fortunately, most of the people I have asked them to have chosen to answer with kindness rather than rubbing my nose in :censored2: and deliberately humiliating me. So I make an effort to treat others the same way.

But thats just me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Don't bother...this is kinder gentler BC. We need to stop derailing threads like this and kiss their lillyasses. The OP needs to contact @Turdferguson, who will provide a more detailed and concise answer than what 4,000 other threads have posted.

OP, please send a PM to @Turdferguson and he will answer any question you might have.
Here is a novel idea; if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Just a suggestion.

By The Book

I just wanted to know if it a hard job and if being a unloader kind of get you ready for the hard work as a deliver driver because I work at a factory with no package cars
I think you are at a disadvantage because you are not working at a delivery center. If you were you may of been loading package cars and I believe this really helps.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Since I am not perfect, I have asked plenty of stupid questions in my lifetime.
Fortunately, most of the people I have asked them to have chosen to answer with kindness rather than rubbing my nose in :censored2: and deliberately humiliating me. So I make an effort to treat others the same way.

But thats just me.
image.gif