Negative rehire

Heavy Package

Called my boss and said that she should have a negative rehire. 1st time I ever did that with a helper.

She can easily be rehired next peak if she applies. My helper was like Frankenstein - slow, dumb, and scary. Also needed mommy to drop him off and pick him up each day. It was just like the movie - a horror show.

MendozaJ

My helper was a marshmallow. He talked a good talk in the beginning, but as the load increased, so did the excuses. He never put in a 40 hour week. I don’t know if he ever did 30. My favorite excuse for him for cutting out early: “I’m not tryna get sick.”

john chesney

This year, my helper worked well when she showed up. She missed one day, then pretty much all of last week, "I have to be done early." Worked less than 3 hours a day. My heaviest day of peak, she worked less than 3, I worked almost 12.

Sent a message Christmas Eve, "Take the day off." She responded, "Oh good, I cannot work today."
Called my boss and said that she should have a negative rehire. 1st time I ever did that with a helper.
You failed to inspire her. It was your job to mold her into a great ups worker. UPS management handbook

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
When UPS pays minimum wages, they should expect minimum effort.

I agree to a certain extent but around where I live this is not the situation. They start us at $11 with a 2$ raise in feb for preload. Minium wage is $7.25 here so for that amount you should be giving hands jobs when you get overtime.

Kids these days have no respect, no morals and no pride or drive. That's not to say there are exceptions before anyone chimes in but there are very few that I've seen. I appreciate my job and take a lot of pride in it.

Yolo

I always told my jumper he could work as long or as little as he wanted. He had another job, school and other family responsibilities. Worked hard when he was with me .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I pushed and got my golf cart helper fired last Friday. I went out of my way to get to the pod and start all three of my helpers by 11:30. Since my golf cart helper was on a paper timecard, I told her to start at 11:00 so she could start sorting and loading her route that a shuttle driver had already dropped off. She had constant problems showing up on time, she showed up after three o'clock several times and even came in at five once. Instead of doing 15 stops an hour she was doing about five or six. This meant that I wound up running at least half of her route everyday. Me and my helper would finish our work and be on overtime finishing what she couldn't do everyday. She was constantly calling the office with excuses and having problems working her phone. I caught her one night delivering out of her van with her kids. Finally my center manager starting looking at what was happening and canned her. Where I am at, if somebody gets a negative rehire status then only the supervisor that determined that can change that. HR cannot overrule that.
It’s bad enough to be 10 min late. 4+ hours a number of times...... I mean what the hell

rod

Retired 22 years
This year, my helper worked well when she showed up. She missed one day, then pretty much all of last week, "I have to be done early." Worked less than 3 hours a day. My heaviest day of peak, she worked less than 3, I worked almost 12.

Sent a message Christmas Eve, "Take the day off." She responded, "Oh good, I cannot work today."
Should have kicked her ass to the curb long ago. She must have been good looking to get away with it as long as she did.