Negotiating Master Agreements

SoCalUPS

Negotiating a master contract for UPS provides power in the event of a strike. But every contract finds UPS Teamsters upset of what is negotiated. It seems like Hoffa's appointed negotiators don't listen to suggestions or proposals from all Locals. Is it time for Regions to start negotiating their own deals? Maybe a deal for the West, Midwest and East Coast or each Local negotiates their own contract. Just so you all know, there never was any threat of a strike. IBT wouldn't have went thru with it. It was always just a bluff.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Negotiating a master contract for UPS provides power in the event of a strike. But every contract finds UPS Teamsters upset of what is negotiated. It seems like Hoffa's appointed negotiators don't listen to suggestions or proposals from all Locals. Is it time for Regions to start negotiating their own deals? Maybe a deal for the West, Midwest and East Coast or each Local negotiates their own contract. Just so you all know, there never was any threat of a strike. IBT wouldn't have went thru with it. It was always just a bluff.
Isn’t that what supplements and riders are for?

How many years have you been in management?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It doesn't matter what the supplements and riders are, it doesn't matter if we vote it down. This contract is as good as signed
You said possibly negotiating each area separately.
Supplements address local needs already. If we divided with no master, we would easily be overrun by the brown machine.

SoCalUPS

There will be no strike. Whatever contract is proposed will pass. That's how life has become as a UPS Teamster. Could be worse I guess, we could be making Amazon driver wages

SoCalUPS

By the way, the two other losers who want to run against Hoffa are not the answer either. Do we not have a tough SOB in our beloved Teamsters that could turn things around? It's like choosing between a punch in the face or a kick in the nuts

Rack em

Made the Podium
By the way, the two other losers who want to run against Hoffa are not the answer either. Do we not have a tough SOB in our beloved Teamsters that could turn things around? It's like choosing between a punch in the face or a kick in the nuts
I never get too political, but even I know hoffa is a piece of :censored2: who is only out for himself. I remember reading that he fired Sean O from his negotiating position because he was "too hard on Ups"....ARE YOU :censored2:ING KIDDING ME!!!!! Hoffa can eat a big bag of dicks and go back to Canada since the only reason he won the last election is because of those maple syrup loving idiots.

Sean or Fred would be a drastic improvement over the current person (I cannot refer to him as a leader) we currently have. Just imagine how much better this contract would be had one of them been our president?

Ps. I'd gladly take a punch in the face or a kick in the nuts for a true leader who supports members, instead of a weak POS.

Pss. #:censored2:youhoffa