Negotiations Conference Call Update this Saturday, February 2

Inthegame

Thanks to TDU for the heads up.

Thanks to TDU for what? The only thing TDU and this post did was give this info to UPS. Hope you post the call in info for update conference calls for UPS management.
The notice is clearly for Shop Stewards, who will be notified via a robo call on Thursday Jan. 31st. Most locals are notifying all UPS stewards directly, and wait for this, without assistance from TDU!
Not trying to bust your balls but negotiating gets a little tougher when the other side gets to hear the top guys talking to the members.

stink219

TDU sucks
100% agreed!!!
Ken P is praying on the fears of the weak with his pyramid scheme. Any organization that divides us is the antithesis of Teamster! He is so against multiple salaries yet he collects multiple salaries himself and hides his LM2's. He's so for the "democratic" process of electing officials, when was the last time he held a TDU executive election...NEVER. He and his executives are not even Teamsters. He hasn't paid dues since 1974. I could go on for days about the research I've done on that antiunion social communistic organization of Termites Destroying Unions. Ask yourself one question......What is Paff's vested interest in pursuing TDU. He can't be IBT president cuz he isn't a Teamster, so it's not Power. So it must be money!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Thanks to TDU for what? The only thing TDU and this post did was give this info to UPS. Hope you post the call in info for update conference calls for UPS management.
The notice is clearly for Shop Stewards, who will be notified via a robo call on Thursday Jan. 31st. Most locals are notifying all UPS stewards directly, and wait for this, without assistance from TDU!
Not trying to bust your balls but negotiating gets a little tougher when the other side gets to hear the top guys talking to the members.

I like the educational things TDU does - I think they're important. But they need to realize there's an information blackout for a reason. TDU locals leaking the conference call notice was irresponsible, at best.

However, if some of the things I've heard are true and aren't changing, we need to start mobilizing our members now.

Buck Fifty

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I don't always agree with the TDU but I do not think it was irresposible either.Today is Thursday and I think it is important that we would have had notice of the conferance call as early as possible . I had to find out about it here. I talked to my BA this morning and they were mailing out the notices. I think the flow of information or a least some form of communication from the IBT on a regular basis is appropriate if only it dispells romours . Last night someone told me hall was comming to Philly for a big rally LOL.

stink219

Does anyone know why there is limited information about negations? There is a definitive reason. It should be obvious. Just curious to see if others know why it would be BENEFICIAL to withhold certain information even to the workforce and supervisors?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

LOL, seriously?? First off, it's very unlikely that UPS management would be unaware of this conference call, regardless of TDU or my posting. Secondly, even if the Teamsters miraculously pulled off a stealth conference call, the contents of such call will be beaten to death on here and in the workplace. Thus, it's safe to assume that this call will just summarize negotiations, likely in a "we're-headed-to-victory" demeanor, without tipping of any propitiatory information. So while you're welcome to chasten me for posting this information, it's foolhardy to suggest that my doing so is giving somebody an upper hand. Many of us have become frustrated with the lack of updates. (And my 'thanks to TDU' statement was solely intended to give credit to the original source.)

Inthegame

LOL, seriously?? First off, it's very unlikely that UPS management would be unaware of this conference call, regardless of TDU or my posting. Secondly, even if the Teamsters miraculously pulled off a stealth conference call, the contents of such call will be beaten to death on here and in the workplace. Thus, it's safe to assume that this call will just summarize negotiations, likely in a "we're-headed-to-victory" demeanor, without tipping of any propitiatory information. So while you're welcome to chasten me for posting this information, it's foolhardy to suggest that my doing so is giving somebody an upper hand. Many of us have become frustrated with the lack of updates. (And my 'thanks to TDU' statement was solely intended to give credit to the original source.)

Well then thank the IBT as they are the original source. Of course I know UPS will get the info, the kiss-asses will make sure of that, I just don't think we need to give it to them. My point is this call is specifically for stewards and stewards were informed of this call, yet you and TDU decided it's an open party.
Maybe the all-stars at TDU, who have never negotiated anything, will be satisfied (for a day) that info is finally getting out. Thankfully I'm in a local that provides updates at every meeting. What's "propitiatory information"?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Well then thank the IBT as they are the original source. Of course I know UPS will get the info, the kiss-asses will make sure of that, I just don't think we need to give it to them. My point is this call is specifically for stewards and stewards were informed of this call, yet you and TDU decided it's an open party.
Maybe the all-stars at TDU, who have never negotiated anything, will be satisfied (for a day) that info is finally getting out. Thankfully I'm in a local that provides updates at every meeting. What's "propitiatory information"?

While I enjoy the ignorance, I'll reiterate that I was merely crediting -- and not seeking commentary -- on where I sourced. Perhaps you enjoy reading your news as "...according to sources within Bank of America, who received their information from a staff briefing; the persons holding the staff briefing received their information from their superiors; their superiors received their information from executives..." More importantly, the memo does not express confidentiality, nor ask stewards to refrain from sharing details among their work groups, so I ponder how you choose to chasten those who share it. One can reasonably conclude that IBT may have distributed details of the conference calls to stewards to share with its work group.

And obviously I meant proprietary information (autocorrect's not always my friend) but I'm glad the grammar queens are around.

brown_trousers

Does anyone know why there is limited information about negations? There is a definitive reason. It should be obvious. Just curious to see if others know why it would be BENEFICIAL to withhold certain information even to the workforce and supervisors?

I really can't see the benefit of keeping these negotiations private from us.
If anything... we need to know what direction these negotiations are taking, so we can start gathering support to vote a bad contract down before it drags us down for another 4 years

packageguy

i don't think there holding back, I heard they did not speak about money yet, I think they will say what's on the table

stink219

I really can't see the benefit of keeping these negotiations private from us.
If anything... we need to know what direction these negotiations are taking, so we can start gathering support to vote a bad contract down before it drags us down for another 4 years
Lets say the contact talks are going nowhere. Your delivering at a major account, and they say,"How's the new contract?" Your response could cause them to rethink their shipping options. Thats the #1 reason for a brown out. The goal is to have a healthy balance in our contract while maintaining our customer base. Without that, we are all :censored2:!

packageguy

Lets say the contact talks are going nowhere. Your delivering at a major account, and they say,"How's the new contract?" Your response could cause them to rethink their shipping options. Thats the #1 reason for a brown out. The goal is to have a healthy balance in our contract while maintaining our customer base. Without that, we are all :censored2:!

just tell the customer, thing going well, leave at that....