Never payed for working through hurricane on topic

When Hurricane Irma came through Florida we were asked to do driver helper everyday for about a week and they promised top driver rate for the time we spent helping get out the volume. About twenty of us helped and none of us have seen paychecks with topdriver rate pay( or even our normal pay rate for that matter). We've all filed grievances for penalty pay but still have no results. What do? At this point do I need to get an attorney or what. Thanks

When Hurricane Irma came through Florida we were asked to do driver helper everyday for about a week and they promised top driver rate for the time we spent helping get out the volume. About twenty of us helped and none of us have seen paychecks with topdriver rate pay( or even our normal pay rate for that matter). We've all filed grievances for penalty pay but still have no results. What do? At this point do I need to get an attorney or what. Thanks
You just have to wait it out. But that's ptpret messed up they that the company didn't take care of you guys for doing that.

You just have to wait it out. But that's ptpret messed up they that the company didn't take care of you guys for doing that.

Yeah it really is
It sounds like they never actually got the "top driver rate" approved by whoever does payroll , so in a frantic to get the work out they just gave us empty promises to make us want to work lol

Tony Q

File more grievances on it. Each grievance has a monitary cost affixed to it. If there are a munch of you break out some new paper. This will show him mad everyone is. Labor managers love more grievance.

Box Ox

Yeah it really is
It sounds like they never actually got the "top driver rate" approved by whoever does payroll , so in a frantic to get the work out they just gave us empty promises to make us want to work lol

File on it or you'll never see that money. Where I am, if you're a driver volunteering to driver help, you know you're gonna have to babysit/fight payroll over the pay rate come check time. So you just refuse.

35years

Gravy route
Yep,
On our blizzard day they could not decide if they were canceling the shift.
Ten of us made it in (out of 100). We were told there was no work.
I told them to hand me a broom cuz if I make it in, I get paid.

Manager was pissed. I was the only driver sent out.

I got stuck after 2 stops and waited for a tow truck in a restaurant.:teethy:
He got me out just in time for me to clock out with 8 hours worked.

Indecisi0n

I remember years ago they tried screwing us out of money because of a blizzard. They made us come in, then they called us all back in. Then they paid us for two hours and said we agreed to it.
They called us in while a blizzard was happening. It was so bad by start time they decided to shut down and asked everyone to go home. Most did but not me. If you made my ass come in your paying me and they did.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Yep,
On our blizzard day they could not decide if they were canceling the shift.
Ten of us made it in (out of 100). We were told there was no work.
I told them to hand me a broom cuz if I make it in, I get paid.

Manager was :censored2:. I was the only driver sent out.

I got stuck after 2 stops and waited for a tow truck in a restaurant.:teethy:
He got me out just in time for me to clock out with 8 hours worked.

I would have given you a broom, sent you outside to sweep the trailers then locked the building and left. Call me when you get done or need anything, I will fix your timecard from home. :w00t:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I would have given you a broom, sent you outside to sweep the trailers then locked the building and left. Call me when you get done or need anything, I will fix your timecard from home. :w00t:
Sadly this is the attitude of management.
That is why I did everything I could to make the lives of my OCS and center manager miserable.
I despised management.

They were all useless as tits on a boar

rod

Retired 22 years
Was any of this special arrangement documented in writing? If not --good luck--you will need it. Let this be a lesson--if their lips are moving the chances are good they are lying.

35years

Gravy route
Typical.
Management didn't call us to stay home.
Being a responsible employee, I leave 1 hour early and it takes 45 minutes extra to get through the storm.

Then a typical manager like you would punish the ones who made it in.

No wonder you are always on here complaining about your uncooperative employees. Did you ever consider it might be your management style?

If you locked me out, I guarantee I would be paid for going home.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Typical.
Management didn't call us to stay home.
Being a responsible employee, I leave 1 hour early and it takes 45 minutes extra to get through the storm.

Then a typical manager like you would punish the ones who made it in.

No wonder you are always on here complaining about your uncooperative employees. Did you ever consider it might be your management style?

If you locked me out, I guarantee I would be paid for going home.

So why did you come to work if you were truly concerned about YOUR safety, what are we going to do? My guess is you could not afford to stay home.

Uncooperative employees = TEAMSTERS, doesn't matter what the day or situation, one is always being wronged in some away, whether it is true or not.

It would be worth every penny to pay you. They would talk about your dumb :censored2: for years to come. Great Legacy.

My management style...Yes I stand up to United Teamsters Service daily. I have never terminated anyone that didn't need terminating. Check your paycheck regularly because it still says you get paid by United Parcel Service, that is who tells you what they want done so you can continue to receive the great pay and benefits. You don't have to like it you just have to do it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
So why did you come to work if you were truly concerned about YOUR safety, what are we going to do? My guess is you could not afford to stay home.

Uncooperative employees = TEAMSTERS, doesn't matter what the day or situation, one is always being wronged in some away, whether it is true or not.

It would be worth every penny to pay you. They would talk about your dumb :censored2: for years to come. Great Legacy.

My management style...Yes I stand up to United Teamsters Service daily. I have never terminated anyone that didn't need terminating. Check your paycheck regularly because it still says you get paid by United Parcel Service, that is who tells you what they want done so you can continue to receive the great pay and benefits. You don't have to like it you just have to do it.
YAWN