Never Return to work

Discussion in 'Health and Medical Topics' started by Bhaaland, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Bhaaland

Bhaaland New Member

So I got bombarded by boxes in the back of my truck with a load of 1200+ that were floor to ceiling in August. I have been out of work with a shoulder injury that is not getting better and was told my maximum ability is 15lbs with my left arm and I can not go back to work ever. Liberty Mutual of course said they are gonna work on a settlement, but what should I expect. I mean it’s life changing with any job I may go to and it could continue to get worse over time. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is what they call it. Any thoughts?

2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

you got a lawyer?

if not get one

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Ancient Alien

Ancient Alien UPS Vacation

It will depend on what your service provider status is and your years of service.

You should expect around $10,000-$30,000. (Try not to be seen out on the golf course or water skiing)

4. Over70irregs

Over70irregs Active Member

Quickly. They will Jack you up.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

CR(AM)PS? As in menstrual?

Just kidding. You need to lawyer up.

6. Bhaaland

Bhaaland New Member

Talking to a lawyer now and Liberty Mutual hit me today with a settlement offer of $110,000 before I even got an attorney.

7. Well if they offered you that, your case is probably worth a lot more than that

8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

BEEF464A-9DD3-4357-837D-4BD931BC68D5.gif

9. thecamel

thecamel Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Genie is out of the bottle now. I love it!

10. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Coronavirus? What coronavirus?

Yep.
    Never take the first offer.

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Tell them to throw in some eagles tickets and they gotz a deal.

12. thecamel

thecamel Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Eagles on TV only this year ( hope not). But it is the best seat in the house.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

I had the "pleasure" of going to an Eagles home game-----you're right----much better to stay home.

14. 25TOLIFE

25TOLIFE Member

I had a similar injury. Went out on comp not knowing my shoulder was a career ending injury. Liberty threw low buyout offers around $125k. It took me 5 years to settle. I retired way before my case settled and collected my pension and full workmans comp until I signed off on their offer. Settled for more than double what they offered and another $150k in a managed health fund for future treatment. They harassed me the entire time forcing me to go job hunting and setting up interviews in the beginning but it will shift in your favor, at least it did in mine. Get a good lawyer and get what you deserve. I've had many issues with my shoulder since and I would have much rather not had the injury and worked another 4 years or so. If you settle without a good comp lawyer you WILL be taken advantage of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

How much did the comp lawyer take?

16. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Eagles suck.

17. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't matter.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

You're right----I was being nosy.

19. 25TOLIFE

25TOLIFE Member

20. UpstateNYUPSer

20% is not bad-----it is usually closer to 33%.