Never Sell More Than $500 Worth of Rabbits Per Year

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I posted this very story on another thread earlier and was assured by TOS that it was a totally false and made-up story.

brett636

Did you click on the link and read the article? This family did everything right, thought they were teaching their son a valuable life lesson and yet may lose everything due to an overzealous governmental agency.

When you go to vote for barack Obama for president just remember this is the kind of government you are voting for.

klein

Für Meno :)
It's not much different then buying and selling used cars.
I think you have a limit of 2 to 5 cars per year max. (not sure of the number and every state is different), you can sell, privatley, after that you're considered a car dealer, and subject to all the regulations and taxes that go with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yard sales are supposed to be 3 days or less per year--any more than that and they are considered to be a retail operation and sales tax is supposed to be collected.

klein

Für Meno :)
We even need a city license here for yard/garage sales. So, yeah, Upstate, your statement makes sense.
Probably won't get a license after the 3rd or 5th one.... (they are only $5.00, but still a hassle to get - trip to city hall).

brett636

Over zealous governmental agencies have been around longer than you or I (McCarthyism?). The Chosen One has simply taken some to the next level (Internet czar).

As long as you know voting for the chosen one just raises this madness to a whole new level. That is the point I wanted to get across. Remember that when your in the voting booth voting for our next president.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As long as you know voting for the chosen one just raises this madness to a whole new level. That is the point I wanted to get across. Remember that when your in the voting booth voting for our next president.

If the GOP doesn't get their act together and soon there may not even need to be an election.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just because Obama started things so early, does not mean that republicans are late getting started!!

Yes, Obama did get things started a bit early and, yes, he did take advantage of the Tuscon tragedy to campaign and, yes, he has ridden Bin Laden for all he is worth, but unless someone credible steps forward on the GOP side soon this thing will be over before it even gets started. If the economy shows stronger signs of recovery and gas prices are closer to $3 than to $4 by early next year the GOP could bring back Ronald Reagan and it wouldn't matter.