New 22.3 positions

ROOR

Any other hubs getting all these new 22.3's posted? My hub has posted 65 so far. They are all twi load/ mid load or twi unload/mid unload. The past ones in the building have all had a the second job be something a little easier on the body. I'm a 14 year part timer who always figured I'd just stay a part timer and questioning if I could even do something like that for another 25 years. The pay and benefits all look really good though but the hours do suck. Anyone else debating this too?

Any other hubs getting all these new 22.3's posted? My hub has posted 65 so far. They are all twi load/ mid load or twi unload/mid unload. The past ones in the building have all had a the second job be something a little easier on the body. I'm a 14 year part timer who always figured I'd just stay a part timer and questioning if I could even do something like that for another 25 years. The pay and benefits all look really good though but the hours do suck. Anyone else debating this too?
All of are recent 22.3 bids have been Midnight/load and preload/unload or Midnight/unload and Preload/load. The last decent 22.3 bid was Preload/air driver. Before that there was a Porter/PM air driver that went to the top 22.3 in the building.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We never used to have Midnight/Preload positions before. We recently had ten put up. Was told they are the hardest shift to fill so might as well make it a full time job to maybe get better quality, more reliable employees.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
The more seniority, the later you can stay. 7 hours PT is equal to 8 FT

We never used to have Midnight/Preload positions before. We recently had ten put up. Was told they are the hardest shift to fill so might as well make it a full time job to maybe get better quality, more reliable employees.
Half of our Midnight/Preload are 22.3 and the company could easily convert the rest. I don't think the company or the Union want that large of a voting block in one classification.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
They need to make more 22.3 inside jobs. All these part timers may stay if they had the option to work full time hours. Not everyone wants to drive. I think the company needs to take a serious look at this for the future of UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You runnin that roor in moms basement

Mr. Marshall

They had to bump starting pay to $22 an hour at our building and those people are all doubling if they want so 4 years of progression might be a good thing for the company.

ROOR

Yeah we have 15 of those posted too.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I’m surprised any more are created since 22.4s count towards the “required” amount of 22.3.

They can’t get enough reliable bodies to cover the work required.

The part time work is too hard physically, the younger work force has caught on that it is a dead end job and are not willing to risk permanent damage for subpar wages.

They have to create more 22.3 positions to show that they are an equal opportunity employer, it cannot be a male only operation like it has in the past. Just look at the percentages of women in our full time driving positions. Very few even last past 5 years let alone be able to collect a half decent retirement.

This pandemic has changed the work environment in every part of the world. The new hires see the working conditions and the time commitment required and are going elsewhere were they will be treated better and have a better future. A part time pension with strings and college reimbursement is not going to attract anybody let alone keep them.

There is no advantage to belong to a collective bargaining unit, most of the job protections are federal mandated. The neutering of our Union by subpar, concessionary contract language and past corruption practices has destroyed much of attitudes of the senior membership, just look at our current election returns.. less than 10 % participation!

A major shift in the management workforce who see that they have no future as their previous ones. Eliminating most of the redundant high end management positions and all their perks or preserving them for a selected few. We had high level management quit because of the writing on the wall, and some high seniority ones that are just hanging on for the retirement eligibility or an half way decent early out.

Brownt10

They need to make more 22.3 inside jobs. All these part timers may stay if they had the option to work full time hours. Not everyone wants to drive. I think the company needs to take a serious look at this for the future of UPS.
Our part timers in my building stay snd work after preload for another 4-6 hrs milking the clock w/ easy inside work. So pt timers average 9-10hr days yet we only have 4 a.m. 22.3 drivers

Our part timers in my building stay snd work after preload for another 4-6 hrs milking the clock w/ easy inside work. So pt timers average 9-10hr days yet we only have 4 a.m. 22.3 drivers
What easy inside work do your PT perform? I can't imagine your management team would allow PT to make more then most drivers.