New 9.5 question. (Hopefully)

542thruNthru

So we've had quiet a few people get on the 9.5 list. They usually ask to be on the list on Monday because Friday was the 3rd day over.

My question is why are we told that our 9.5 will not start till the following week. I know I should call my BA and ask but thought I'd see if this is normal on here first.

I know some areas are required to inform management if they will be over 9.5 at a certain time. I'm wondering if this is one of those type of agreements out BA has made with UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have to be on the 9.5 list before you can file a 9.5 grievance. You can't have a rough week and then decide that you want to be on the list.

Drivers that are on the 9.5 list are required to notify management when they think that they will be going over 9.5 It is then up to mgt to either make adjustments or to let you go over.

542thruNthru

You have to be on the 9.5 list before you can file a 9.5 grievance. You can't have a rough week and then decide that you want to be on the list.

Drivers that are on the 9.5 list are required to notify management when they think that they will be going over 9.5 It is then up to mgt to either make adjustments or to let you go over.

Oh wow where to begin.

Yes you can decide to be on the 9.5 list after a rough week. I don't see how you think you can not. I also know you can't file for penalty pay till you are on the 9.5 list.

You are NOT required to notify management that you will be over. Maybe in your local where they sell you information they agree with management but that is NOT a requirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You cannot have a rough week and then decide to get on the 9.5 list to grieve that week.

Yes, you are required to notify them if you may be going over 9.5. This gives them the chance to either take work off or to tell you to keep going.

5habits100

So we've had quiet a few people get on the 9.5 list. They usually ask to be on the list on Monday because Friday was the 3rd day over.

My question is why are we told that our 9.5 will not start till the following week. I know I should call my BA and ask but thought I'd see if this is normal on here first.

I know some areas are required to inform management if they will be over 9.5 at a certain time. I'm wondering if this is one of those type of agreements out BA has made with UPS.
What I would do is send a DIAD message and call the center on Friday when I go over 9.5 and tell them I want to be on the list starting on Monday. I would say that person would be covered.

542thruNthru

You cannot have a rough week and then decide to get on the 9.5 list to grieve that week.

Yes, you are required to notify them Iif you may be going over 9.5. This gives them the chance to either take work off or to tell you to keep going.

Ok maybe I didn't explain it well. I'm not asking about filing. I'm say said driver goes over 3 times during the week. The 3rd time being Friday. On Monday he asks to be put on the list. Management puts him on but tells him it doesn't start till the following Monday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok maybe I didn't explain it well. I'm not asking about filing. I'm say said driver goes over 3 times during the week. The 3rd time being Friday. On Monday he asks to be put on the list. Management puts him on but tells him it doesn't start till the following Monday.

If he would have told them on that Friday he would have been covered for the following week but since he waited until the following Monday he would then have to wait for the week after that.

5habits100

Don't add to my post. Especially when you are wrong. If I tell them this evening I want to be on the list. Monday I am on the list. You don't know the language don't act like you do.

5habits100

He has to tell them on Friday before he punches out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't add to my post. Especially when you are wrong. If I tell them this evening I want to be on the list. Monday I am on the list. You don't know the language don't act like you do.

You are correct---if you tell them on Friday that you want to be on the 9.5 list it would be effective on the following Monday. If you wait until Monday you would not be on the list until the following Monday.

542thruNthru

If he would have told them on that Friday he would have been covered for the following week but since he waited until the following Monday he would then have to wait for the week after that.

How can you tell them on Friday when you haven't even went over yet and when you finally do management is already gone for the day.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Dumbest post of the day!
Not true!