New air driver.. any advice is appreciated.

Airwoman18

Happy Sunday all. I just completed school for air driving. Any advice? I plan on becoming a full time driver in the future. I'm aware of the madness at ups. Thanks in advance.

E

el blanco

Happy Sunday all. I just completed school for air driving. Any advice? I plan on becoming a full time driver in the future. I'm aware of the madness at ups. Thanks in advance.

You won't really be aware of the madness, until you have lived it.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Take your breaks, bend at the knees, and get ready to get ass raped.
5B3BAEEE-B854-4B61-8F7F-E67FC18E0AB9.jpeg

Or @Surprise Butsecks ??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Air drivers generally don't get breaks while on road.

Air driving is the best way to learn the DIAD and gain valuable area knowledge.

You may find yourself tempted to take shortcuts in order to beat the time commit, such as sheeting the package and then driving to the stop------by all means DO NOT take any shortcuts.

Orion will set your delivery stops in order for you.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Air drivers generally don't get breaks while on road.

Air driving is the best way to learn the DIAD and gain valuable area knowledge.

You may find yourself tempted to take shortcuts in order to beat the time commit, such as sheeting the package and then driving to the stop------by all means DO NOT take any shortcuts.

Orion will set your delivery stops in order for you.
Sorry for your loss.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
Download the app Road Warrior and learn how to use it now. If you're delivering EAMs it will become your best friend. Be ready to work at a fast but safe pace. Learn as much about the diad as you can now, when you're new it's the major thing to slow you down. I imagine every area is different, we don't use orion here for EAMs. I've typed up all sorts of new information sheets for the new people in our center, they might not all apply to you but I'd be happy to send them to you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Download the app route planner and learn how to use it now. If you're delivering EAMs it will become your best friend. Be ready to work at a fast but safe pace. Learn as much about the diad as you can now, when you're new it's the major thing to slow you down. I imagine every area is different, we don't use orion here for EAMs. I've typed up all sorts of new information sheets for the new people in our center, they might not all apply to you but I'd be happy to send them to you.

Air drivers in my building generally don't have the time to load all of their delivery stops in to a route planning app. They leave shortly after start time and generally have more air than they can deliver before the commit. Their stops are set up for them in their DIADs; however, our more experienced air drivers run them in the most efficient manner based upon their area knowledge and suggestions from veteran drivers such as myself.

Air drivers in my building generally don't have the time to load all of their delivery stops in to a route planning app. They leave shortly after start time and generally have more air than they can deliver before the commit. Their stops are set up for them in their DIADs; however, our more experienced air drivers run them in the most efficient manner based upon their area knowledge and suggestions from veteran drivers such as myself.
Such a s sheeting them up before you ate actually at the stop?

Go away Barney

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
It takes just a few minutes to enter them and is so worth it. No orion here so without area knowledge it would be an inefficient nightmare. I'm usually out the door by 620am and often with more stops than I can get off on time too. Would give my left arm to have them in my diad and not have to type each stop in.