New Apple Iphone rollout

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I haven't delivered apple products for a long while now. I thought we were the preferred carrier for Apple. In July Apple will start selling their new Iphone with a new price of $199.00. This will equate to a lot of deliveries but reading some reports has FEDEX delivering this product.

Any of you notice this or are you still seeing Apple stuff in your car??

W

westsideworma

most things I've ever bought from apple came FedEx. Sole exception being my iPod, that shipped UPS.

I've seen stuff from apple...In the notes or when you try to dr the pkg it says something like [apple acct no dr sign del notice ok] That's the only reason I knew it was from apple.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
This thread is so odd...as one of my loaders asked me this am about Apple switching account and going with FedEx...

I have noticed items that were supposed to be shipped UPS and left UPS arrive at my house from USPS?

Explain that one to me please...

This thread is so odd...as one of my loaders asked me this am about Apple switching account and going with FedEx...

I have noticed items that were supposed to be shipped UPS and left UPS arrive at my house from USPS?

Explain that one to me please...

Those are pkgs we deliver to the post office and they then deliver to the customer.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Those are pkgs we deliver to the post office and they then deliver to the customer.

So who makes the money? UPS or USPS? Sorry not being ignorant...I just assumed USPS like DHL and Fedex were competition. I know we do all the air for USPS cause they can't handle it.

drewed

Shankman
UPS would charge the shipper our (probably discounted) rates then wed pay the USPS rates. So the pie is shared, just like we MAY end up picking some of the less profitable areas of DHL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So who makes the money? UPS or USPS? Sorry not being ignorant...I just assumed USPS like DHL and Fedex were competition. I know we do all the air for USPS cause they can't handle it.

It's called our Basic service and it is supposed to save the shipper some money. I am not sure how the revenue is split but I do have some concerns with this service, not so much in the city where I deliver but in the country. There have been many instances where drivers have driven by the house that the pkg is addressed to on his way to the post office to deliver the pkg only to have the mailman deliver the pkg the following day to the address that you just drove by to get the pkg to him. I have heard of customers asking the driver if they have a pkg for him and have been told yes but that we couldn't deliver it to them as it had to be delivered to the post office so that they could receive it the following day.

Is it just me or is that the definition of "service"? (SFI-sarcasm fully intended.)