new application?

dave

i started app on 7/18/08 about a month later got through with second interview. i read on ups careers the app lasts 60 days? app says on file but do i go through the process again becuase its past 60 days?:dissapointed: and i went past the 60 days. or does on file mean they will search the database and im "on file" when thye need me?:dead::dead::biting:

tieguy

Banned
i started app on 7/18/08 about a month later got through with second interview. i read on ups careers the app lasts 60 days? app says on file but do i go through the process again becuase its past 60 days?:dissapointed: and i went past the 60 days. or does on file mean they will search the database and im "on file" when thye need me?:dead::dead::biting:
we keep your application on file for a year. If you're not hearing anything then you need to keep calling and letting them know your very interested.

dave

i do try. :angry: i call and i get this one women that works at the employment desk, should i ask her if i could speak to a human resource manager and ask whats up with my application. also my 2nd interview was around 11:30 at night so i guess thats about when i should try to call to speak to a human resource manager. i effed up anddidnt ask for a calling card. any thoughts?

brownrodster

When I interviewed I got the phone # of the HR person who interviewd me. I called and left voicemails all the time. Eventually they hired me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I interviewed I got the phone # of the HR person who interviewd me. I called and left voicemails all the time. Eventually they hired me.

In other words, you actually took the time to ask for the phone number and then took the time to follow up with that person and now the rest is history. That is what someone who is serious about looking for a job does. BR, I'm glad things worked out for your but it was you hard work that did it, not luck.

dave

i told them i wanted a career at UPS. im not going to get hired becuase i ******* up and forgot to get their number to call them? they say they'll contact me when a spot opens up. ugh

Last edited by a moderator:
i told them i wanted a career at UPS. im not going to get hired becuase i ******* up and forgot to get their number to call them? they say they'll contact me when a spot opens up. ugh
That's possible, but not carved in stone. Experience is the best teacher, next time you apply for a job somewhere get contact names and numbers.
Even if you don't get a job with UPS, you will get a job somewhere. More people in the USA make a living not working at UPS than do.

Last edited by a moderator:

feeder53

ADKtrails
I worked last year and was just called yesterday to come in and fill out an application again....no call from Dec 26 2007 until yesterday.

PaidDriveTime?

Yea sometimes it takes a little while. My walkthrough was in the beginning of May 07 and I didnt get a call for an interview till June 07. I was hired at the time of interview tho, guess it shows how badly they needed someone. haha