New Atlanta Hub

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
77A5514E-FD0E-42C6-99F2-EAFE7C0526E9.jpeg
92C779C9-8249-4734-A536-9AFBF0D96C85.jpeg
EFBA01F4-FA44-4C08-B289-120E8C269B0B.jpeg
I drove by this today, at 1.2 million square feet it will be the third largest Hub in the US behind Worldport and Cach.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
5A6C83AE-44DB-4B65-A050-AAF0AC9A93A5.jpeg
AACEC94A-3317-42EA-AC06-BD1943FCAFA4.jpeg
It’s massive, it’s built near I-20 West and I-285 next to a general aviation airport. Lots of logistics warehouses will be built around it. Fully automated sorting systems with 1500 employees. I think about 400 package routes and 300 Feeder jobs.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It's not too late to sign a bid list for feeders scratch...

Feeders is gonna be a huge mess when that opens. One of the PLEGA drivers told me all night sorts in Atlanta will be moving to the new building so a bunch of feeder jobs will be transferring to the new building.

If you live on the north side of town, driving to the new building will be a major issue.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Feeders is gonna be a huge mess when that opens. One of the PLEGA drivers told me all night sorts in Atlanta will be moving to the new building so a bunch of feeder jobs will be transferring to the new building.

If you live on the north side of town, driving to the new building will be a major issue.
Something tells me that's not going to be an issue for scratch..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm thinking about bidding on a route that will probably be moved to it. This will replace the original Atlanta Hub a few miles South that I originally started at. I grew up near there and I know the area well, it will be a shorter drive to work for me. It will pull a lot of work from all four Atlanta Hubs. Forest Park where I am now will probably lose its Feeder Department and all three sorts to it.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'm thinking about bidding on a route that will probably be moved to it. This will replace the original Atlanta Hub a few miles South that I originally started at. I grew up near there and I know the area well, it will be a shorter drive to work for me. It will pull a lot of work from all four Atlanta Hubs.

Are they gonna close the irreg hub? I assumed it would be done away with when this building opens.

Driving past that building it looks larger than the pictures make it out to be. Probably a half mile long if not longer.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Are they gonna close the irreg hub? I assumed it would be done away with when this building opens.

Driving past that building it looks larger than the pictures make it out to be. Probably a half mile long if not longer.

I imagine the Irregular Hub where the old Winn Dixie warehouse is will be closed. I drove by it a year ago when they were just erecting the walls, I was shocked at the massive finished size of it. They already had hundreds of trailers parked in front of it. Wild rumors I have heard are that the airport will be expanded to handle UPS jets so we can avoid using the Atlanta Airport. Thats going to take a lot of dirt to make that happen though, I have doubts about that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm thinking about bidding on a route that will probably be moved to it. This will replace the original Atlanta Hub a few miles South that I originally started at. I grew up near there and I know the area well, it will be a shorter drive to work for me. It will pull a lot of work from all four Atlanta Hubs. Forest Park where I am now will probably lose its Feeder Department and all three sorts to it.
Does FP still run the JCP small sort?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I did it for 30 years ... albeit in the opposite direction.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny