New Balance Shoes the best for a driver?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Re: plantar fasciitis

I've read the past posts about the orthos and the insurance, does anyone know if insurance will cover the shoes if they have a "prescription" from the Dr.
I have heard that New Balance shoes may be covered but I can't find an answer from anyone at work.
Fethr, I have NB w/ orthotic inserts. I am not sure of the insurance coverage but I used them as a tax deduction. Related work expenses. BTW I love my NB's!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Fethr, I have NB w/ orthotic inserts. I am not sure of the insurance coverage but I used them as a tax deduction. Related work expenses. BTW I love my NB's!
I have been wearing NB since the early 80's ... I wear 11 EEEE's and NB was the only shoe that I could find that really fit.
I have had plantar fasciitis since the mid-80's and I wear extra arch support to mitigate the pain.
You learn to deal with the pain after awhile and to stretch the calf muscles and feet while still in bed before taking that first step in the morning.

fethrs

I just want a good pair that wont aggravate the plantar fasciitis and that fit well.
I start physical therapy next week then I see the podiatrist again and ask him for a script for inserts and what kind of NB I should try.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wear NB 608. Very comfortable shoe. I also write these off on my taxes.

My daughter recently dealt with plantar fasciitis. She was on crutches for 2 weeks, which is not easy as she is a teacher and softball coach. She also had the cortisone shot which seems to have done the trick.

stealth8

I had this for almost a year and it is very painful. The best treatment option that I was told was to ice only the area that is inflamed. I was told to fill a small Dixie cup with water then freeze it. At least twice aday apply the ice only to the affected area,not the whole foot. Very important to apply only to the painful area. That along with stretching your foot out first thing in the morning before stepping out of bed, and wearing NB 926 cured me in about 6 weeks. Give it a try and good luck, I feel your pain!! Stealth8

metrophillyslub

I myself have never had plantar fasciitis but have in the past 11 years had 8 foot an ankle surgeries. 6 on the one foot and 2 on the other. Some involved the achilles tendon, some involved the peroneal tendon and finally an OCD . As everyone with foot problems at our job know its no fun working with pain in your feet or ankles as it takes up your every day thoughts as the pain worsens. i wearnew balance 505 and comfort wise has helped somewhat. Stretching helps! Good luck to the one going through these foot problems!

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat

The first time I wore my NB I did not have one blister, they fit that well.

Will NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER wear anything but NB!!!! My feet where so jacked up from wearing other brands that when I finally decided to go to NB, I felt like a new person!!:happy-very:

I had a corn on the inside of my small toe for approx 1.5 years and no matter what I did, it would never go away. Then after purchasing NB, 2.5 weeks later it COMPLETELY went away and has never returned in 2 years!

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't think the brand is as important as the fit. After having my foot properly measured, I went from what I thought was a 10.5 to 12B. Since buying 12b shoes, I have not had any foot problems, my back feels better and my shoes last longer.

I wear Whites in the summer and Danners in the winter.

TB

Cementups

Box Monkey
For work only ever wear either NB or Nikes. Sometimes I will slip in a pair of Adidas, or Ascics but they are few and far between. plus the one store here, Super Shoes, gives UPS drivers a 20% discount if we come in in uniform.

P

pickup

For work only ever wear either NB or Nikes. Sometimes I will slip in a pair of Adidas, or Ascics but they are few and far between. plus the one store here, Super Shoes, gives UPS drivers a 20% discount if we come in in uniform.

which you can only do during your lunch hour because you can't be in your browns after work

airbusfxr

Shoes must be black or brown polishable leather, study, slip resistance bottom. I think no one is reading the contract. I notice most questions (401k, uniforms, lunch, etc etc) on this board are always answered by reading the little book.

Cementups

Box Monkey
^is your avatar from a wave pool on one of the Royal Caribbean cruise ships?

which you can only do during your lunch hour because you can't be in your browns after work

No, I believe the rule says you can wear your shirt home, but not your pants/shorts. At least that is what i was told 13 years ago when I started driving.

Cementups

Box Monkey
sweeeeeet. I will be on the Oasis of the Seas in March and it should have one of those as well. they also have a zip-line that will carry you half the length of the boat. i can't wait.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't think the brand is as important as the fit. After having my foot properly measured, I went from what I thought was a 10.5 to 12B. Since buying 12b shoes, I have not had any foot problems, my back feels better and my shoes last longer.

I wear Whites in the summer and Danners in the winter.

TB
Great post, as lots of people don't wear the right size/fit shoe. Go to a reputable shoe store, get fitted properly and watch your aches and pains disappear.

I wear the Brooks Addiction walking shoe and don't care about a discount, as long as my tootsies are comfortable throughout the day.

Shoes must be black or brown polishable leather, study, slip resistance bottom. I think no one is reading the contract. I notice most questions (401k, uniforms, lunch, etc etc) on this board are always answered by reading the little book.
Brooks Addiction are Black, polishable, slip resistant and comfortable.

sweeeeeet. I will be on the Oasis of the Seas in March and it should have one of those as well. they also have a zip-line that will carry you half the length of the boat. i can't wait.
Just don't tell 9/5, cause he can't go.:wink2:

pkgdriver

Cement-it will have two of the Flowriders on it, plus some other wild stuff.

Keeping this post on topic-New Balance is a brand partner with Royal Caribbean.
They have had some products for sale on some of the Royal ships.