New Balance Shoes the best for a driver?

Bad Gas!

I agree with STUG...Just take about an hour trying on shoes and find the most comfortable...I've been wearing orthotics for 27 years as a driver and runner...I can tell you as far as running goes Asics works the best for me, with Brooks coming in second...For work, I 've had success with NB, but my current pair is Rockport.......I've known many runners who have battled plantars friend over the years...It's really difficult to get through...Just keep trying the foot doctors suggestion until you get improvement..

tourists24

Just as a twist to this post.... can u guys post some pics of these shoes? I do tons of walking on my route and am always looking for better fits

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just as a twist to this post.... can u guys post some pics of these shoes? I do tons of walking on my route and am always looking for better fits
These are my work shoes. I have 2 pairs that I rotate. Wear one pair one day and the next pair the day after. Keeps shoes from stinking and wearing out to quickly, JMHO.

4998-71050-p.jpg

These are my running shoes. Saucony Guide and New Balance 903's.

6219-520039-p.jpg

7769-599938-p.jpg

Oh, and here are my cycling shoes.

20-1678-NCL-ANGLE.jpg

brownman15

Shoes must be black or brown polishable leather, study, slip resistance bottom. I think no one is reading the contract. I notice most questions (401k, uniforms, lunch, etc etc) on this board are always answered by reading the little book.

u apparently did not read it 2 that is not in the contract. it is ups uniform policy

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Seems like most everyone wears athletic- or walking-type shoes. No boots? I wear these all year long, Thorogood boots. Made in USA, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Seems like most everyone wears athletic- or walking-type shoes. No boots? I wear these all year long, Thorogood boots. Made in USA, too.
I've never worn anything but boots for this job. Timberland's do the job for me:

602671BRN1Z.jpg

filthpig

I wear Doc Martens. They hold up for 18 mos. minimum and give excellent support. Look for them on Ebay. I paid 69.00 for a brand new pair. Feet never felt better.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You must be on a rural route or feeders. Wearing boots makes me walk like Frankenstein's monster, JMHO.
HermanMunster.jpg

bad company

semi-pro
I wear these on an occasional Friday when I'm trying to get sent home for improper foot wear and get a free 3 day weekend out of the deal. I usually get verbally scolded, but they have yet to send me home... even when I offer to give myself an unpaid one day voluntary suspension.
8521-877210-p.jpg

tourists24

I've never worn anything but boots for this job. Timberland's do the job for me:

602671BRN1Z.jpg
I wear these a lot also... I have a mall route and these seem to last the longest. We are not allowed to wear sneakers in our center. Some still do when it's not a hot button topic of the week

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
You must be on a rural route or feeders. Wearing boots makes me walk like Frankenstein's monster, JMHO.

I do a mall route. I've worn cross trainers in the past but I miss the ankle support. I just buy some off-the-rack Spenco inserts once a year for these boots, have them resoled when needed. The uppers last two years minimum if I take care of them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Great post, as lots of people don't wear the right size/fit shoe. Go to a reputable shoe store, get fitted properly and watch your aches and pains disappear.

I wear the Brooks Addiction walking shoe and don't care about a discount, as long as my tootsies are comfortable throughout the day.

Brooks Addiction are Black, polishable, slip resistant and comfortable.

Just don't tell 9/5, cause he can't go.:wink2:

These are my work shoes. I have 2 pairs that I rotate. Wear one pair one day and the next pair the day after. Keeps shoes from stinking and wearing out to quickly, JMHO.

4998-71050-p.jpg

These are my running shoes. Saucony Guide and New Balance 903's.

6219-520039-p.jpg

7769-599938-p.jpg

Oh, and here are my cycling shoes.

20-1678-NCL-ANGLE.jpg
UPDATE: The Brooks Addiction that I previously said I liked, have been wear tested for over a year, and sadly, have come up short of what I predicted. I have switched to the Saucony Omni walker, which has much less stability and more comfort. I've been in these since the summer of 2009.

207073590.jpg

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I am not sure about insurance covering the NB but I also suffer from planter fasciatis, and I went to a pediatrist and had custom made insole done. They are great, simply take out the insole of any shoe and put them in. I have had them about 4 years(same pair). They were several hundred dollars but insurance paid most if not all the cost. Can't remember exactly how much, but I am very tight with my money so I assure you it was not much out of pocket.