New BC members comin' on fast!

over9five

Staff member
Anyone ever look at the main forum page?

Near the bottom it shows the newest BrownCafe member, and how many members there are. In the old days, you'd look at the newest member, and he'd be the newest member for a few days.

I've noticed lately that i'd see a new member each time I looked at the page. So I wrote down the number of members yesterday, and I figured I'd check it in a week to see how it changed.

Well, I just checked it now. We've gained 28 new members in 24 hours. I find that amazing! This community is growing very fast. You gotta give Cheryl credit, she started something that is incredibly addicting, and its popularity is gaining big-time!

browndevil

Anyone ever look at the main forum page?

Near the bottom it shows the newest BrownCafe member, and how many members there are. In the old days, you'd look at the newest member, and he'd be the newest member for a few days.

I've noticed lately that i'd see a new member each time I looked at the page. So I wrote down the number of members yesterday, and I figured I'd check it in a week to see how it changed.

Well, I just checked it now. We've gained 28 new members in 24 hours. I find that amazing! This community is growing very fast. You gotta give Cheryl credit, she started something that is incredibly addicting, and its popularity is gaining big-time!
I hope Cheryl trips over all the money on her way out to pick up her paper every morning:happy2:Thank you Cheryl for putting this all together and giving us UPSers a place to sound off, vent and share stories

hyena

yes thanxs I just joined. I found this site a week ago or so and wish i woldve known it was here a long time ago. Ive been with the company 2 years in Oct:knockedout: and couldve used peoples inputs on what to do in certain situations for a while now. Im just glad to see that there are alot of pro union people out there.

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BrownCafe, Hyena! Lots of people come here just for that "input" you've described. It's something we're not short of!

brett636

Thats good news. I remember around 2005 when I found this site I learned more in 3 days of searching this web forum than I did working at UPS for 5 years(at that point). I must really thank Cheryl for allowing us this portal to get input, ask questions, and discuss other issues concerning our jobs.

helenofcalifornia

Gotta love that name "Hyena!!" And the only way, I believe, Cheryl makes money on this site is if we all click on the advertisements on these pages. We could all ensure Cheryl and Tony have a good Christmas if we all just clicked on a couple of the ads. I'm just saying....

sano

Yes, thanks for the work Cheryl!
Everybody should keep in mind that Cheryl gets paid when we visit the ads at the top of each page. I am sure as the traffic on this site goes up so does the cost to host it. From another site that I am involved in running, I know the cost can ad up over the year. Thanks again.

browndevil

Yes, thanks for the work Cheryl!
Everybody should keep in mind that Cheryl gets paid when we visit the ads at the top of each page. I am sure as the traffic on this site goes up so does the cost to host it. From another site that I am involved in running, I know the cost can ad up over the year. Thanks again.
Sano that is good info thanks. We all should keep in mind to visit the paid advertisements at the top of the page. Welcome to you Hyena I hope you become a regular here and remember to visit all of us in chat on Sunday nights 6:OOpm PST. Or periodically check to see if chat is happening other times:happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
oh bah humbug

cheryl is a multi gazzillonaire. she does this for fun. :wink2:

and from what i hear quite a looker too!

lucky guy, tony. good looks and tons of money to spoil him with:bigsmile2:

d

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I joined this site back in May of 2005, a few days after I found it. Back then, there were usually less than a hundred people online at a time. We often average about four hundred on now. The number drops late at night and the middle of the day. It gets busy a little in the morning, but of course gets the most active in the evening when people get home and try to relax after a hard day at work. I have also noticed the Chat Room being used everyday now, with Sunday evening having the most action. I think the national contract talks brought a lot of people on board. On July 13, we had a record of 701 people viewing.

WyoBrown

Ditto, this forum has been a wealth of info for me too. As a new driver, there is so much to learn and getting answers or even proper training from mgmt has been useless...until now (new & excellent center manager hired recently). Anyway, thanks to you all for being here and caring about your fellow brownies. Enjoy your weekend!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thats good news. I remember around 2005 when I found this site I learned more in 3 days of searching this web forum than I did working at UPS for 5 years(at that point). I must really thank Cheryl for allowing us this portal to get input, ask questions, and discuss other issues concerning our jobs.
I learned more on here, than I ever, could or will find out at work.
I have had people help me with my rights, my benefits, my vacations, my retirement, my one and only grievance, where to get socks, vent about work, family, medical problems.
This was my family when I went through medical problems with my hubby, actually had members give me their phone numbers if I needed to talk.....
Got sympathy and condolences on deaths in the family............advice on cameras, (sure miss canon), vacations, beats the heck out of travelocity, webmd, and a whole plethora of sites. All here in one cozy little place.
We fight and carry on about politics, religion, but in a nutshell we are all the same kind of people. You can learn to cook, bake, or debate. Its all yours. Thanks Cheryl for what I feel is probably one of the best sites for a company, not supported by the company, on the web.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It was funny on Friday.
I woke up and checked my emails, it happened to be my birthday.
Cheryl and her automatic birthday greeting popped up and wished me a Happy Birthday.:happy-very:
She beat my own wife to the punch, She'll never live that down:wink2:

trickpony1

Ditto, this forum has been a wealth of info for me too. As a new driver, there is so much to learn and getting answers or even proper training from mgmt has been useless...until now (new & excellent center manager hired recently). Anyway, thanks to you all for being here and caring about your fellow brownies. Enjoy your weekend!

I agree. If I could figure out a way to get Cheryl nominated for a Pulitzer prize for her work on this site I would.