New bid route, is it grievable yet?

Dr.Brownz

Sounds good in theory. But what happens if your route changes? Say you like your route now,then a few bulk stops and late pickups move in.
Now you are stuck for the rest of your career?

You just bid a new route when one comes up or bump any lower seniority driver without a bid route who is working.

That is how it works where I am

Dr.Brownz

Routes change and so do drivers.

I could see something like that being implemented here eventually because our center is now experiencing rapid growth, and routes have been getting changed. You always have the option of following 50% of the work if the route is changed. We service alot of extended resi areas though, so those routes don't change too much. The in town routes are the ones that suffer the most with "10-15 quick resi stops" being thrown in all the time and shuffling areas around 5 minutes before preload is done.

I could see something like that being implemented here eventually because our center is now experiencing rapid growth, and routes have been getting changed. You always have the option of following 50% of the work if the route is changed. We service alot of extended resi areas though, so those routes don't change too much. The in town routes are the ones that suffer the most with "10-15 quick resi stops" being thrown in all the time and shuffling areas around 5 minutes before preload is done.
How would you like to be stuck on that route? And 3 nuts and bolts warehouses moved in?

Dr.Brownz

How would you like to be stuck on that route? And 3 nuts and bolts warehouses moved in?

Your not stuck though....You can bump any lower seniority driver who doesn't have a bid route, unless the volume is so light that only the high seniority guys with bid routes are working but that happens about twice a year here (aside from peak of course). And as soon as a new route opens up , either from retirement or a driver moving to a new route, you could just bid that.

SHAIV

Yes e bid every year just like it says to in the supplemental agreement. They just arent following it or much else to a t. I'm just ready to be on the same route everyday I come to work I'll know where I will be instead of it being a crapshoot when I walk into work and running 5 routes a week

SHAIV

Well I talked to my supervisor about it last week. So we will see what happens this week. They got a cover driver and another bid driver with less seniority than me to choose from to cover that route. We'll have to see if they grant my 8 hour. All up to them. Which grievances do they want me to file?