New blood pressure guidelines DOT

big time

New national BP guidelines put 50 % of all Americans in the "high BP" category. Probably myself included. Old threshold was 140/90 and new one is 130/80. FedEx will force me to take meds and have a yearly physical. How can I go non-dot to avoid this rediculous ordeal?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
New national BP guidelines put 50 % of all Americans in the "high BP" category. Probably myself included. Old threshold was 140/90 and new one is 130/80. FedEx will force me to take meds and have a yearly physical. How can I go non-dot to avoid this rediculous ordeal?
Don’t be stupid.
Take the meds if you need them.

You mean the DOT will make you take meds. Or no DOT card.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My bp goes up after seeing my weekly paycheck... I signed up for direct deposit so I don't need to see that anymore

BA-ZING.gif

It will be fine

Cut out the meat and salt and exercise more, meditate to help reduce stress, enjoy ten more years of a healthy life.

Oldfart

Can't drive a Reach, 700, 900 or be a swing and be non-dot.

Serf

Big Pharma is behind this. Forcing many Americans to take statin drugs that will kill good cholesterol and inhibit normal testosterone levels in healthy males. More or less creating a more pliable class of folks. I would never take these drugs. Period.

Schweddy

Balls
Statins affect more than what they lead on to. Avoid them by increasing your fruit and vegetable intake and try to limit dairy, salt, eggs, and meat. Also buy slightly higher priced items with exponentially better ingredients.

!Retired!

Do you have a link? According to the DOT website, it's still 140/90.

Bingo

Can't drive a Reach, 700, 900 or be a swing and be non-dot.
Actually that is a good thing- My station turned me in to a non dot- I get a nice a/c mercedes sprinter. Normally the sprinter routes are the easiest and you can never be asked to park trucks

upschuck

Actually that is a good thing- My station turned me in to a non dot- I get a nice a/c mercedes sprinter. Normally the sprinter routes are the easiest and you can never be asked to park trucks
You can drive whatever on your property. Just can't take on road

rod

Retired 22 years
They did the same thing to the Pre-diabetes numbers a few years ago. It's all just a big cash cow for the American medical industry. Anytime they want more money they juggle the numbers. Sound familiar?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
120/80 - 130/80 is now considered elevated. 130 - 140 is stage 1. The guidelines do not call for meds in stage 1 unless you've already suffered a cardiac event. The only thing that has had a drastic impact on lowering my blood pressure is an increase in aerobic activity that achieves a target heart rate of between 75 and 80% maximum, such as running. Diet changes that work vary from person to person. You need a certain amount of sodium everyday to maintain proper nerve and muscle function, so don't cut the salt, and don't minimize it, stick to a healthy amount.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it's been like this for awhile.

i liked it. forced me to keep weight down, exercise more and eat more fruits and veggies.

just like someone else said. you'll probably collect your pension for another 10 years or more. how's half a million sound?