New Business Agent in Local 728

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have had the pleasure of knowing Wes Turner for 10 years in the Fayette Center: He has been the best Steward we have ever had in our building and I am very happy to see him taken in by the local as a Business Agent.
I am glad he will be the BA for our building,and i think he will be the BA for Lagrange,Griffin and Forest Park as well. This is a good day for 728 members.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I look forward to meeting him then. This is the first I have heard of this, I thought Eric T. did a good job for us in Forest Park. We had Jim H. before that, he did a good job too. I have noticed a new BA dealing with our Preload recently, I don't know his name.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Is this a driver who has become a BA??? How exactly does this work???
I know a few BAs that were/still are drivers. I think they still keep company seniority while they work for the Local, at least thats the way I understand it. I don't know about how their benefits are handled though. I'm sure there is somebody on here that knows how that works.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Our(mine and upstate's) prez is a former casual driver/pt metro employee of UPS. The new BA for my building is a former ft PC driver. They retain all their rights as a driver(seniority, bennys, ect.), yet, they work full time for the local.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Our(mine and upstate's) prez is a former casual driver/pt metro employee of UPS. The new BA for my building is a former ft PC driver. They retain all their rights as a driver(seniority, bennys, ect.), yet, they work full time for the local.

Oh yeah, the perk for the company allowing this, they get to use a cover driver to fill his position as it is being held for him while he works for the local.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Wes said y/day the exact details of his assignments are still being ironed out,so he may or mya not have FP. Wes is a tall guy with military style haircut ,late 30's.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wes is a tall guy with military style haircut ,late 30's.

Not the guy I met then. I met a black guy with long braids that is probably in his late 20's. I met him outside the gate when they were handing out the protest stickers a couple of weeks ago. He asked me how long I had been with UPS and I told him 36 years. He said he hadn't been born yet when I started.