New California Labor Law A.B. 701...will it affect UPS employees in California

BrownSnowFlake

Do you see it as being a bad thing?
I don't see the need for the government to get involved when collective bargaining laws have been on the books for 100 years. Every Amazon worker I've talked to IRL is a good little brainwashed wagie. It's only the (((media))) that pushes this narrative about people being forced to piss in bottles (the horror!). If Amazon has double the injury rate of the rest of the industry, maybe it's bc their hiring process attracts Workers' Comp grifters. I thought robots did all the heavy lifting now anyways.

Zowert

I don't see the need for the government to get involved when collective bargaining laws have been on the books for 100 years. Every Amazon worker I've talked to IRL is a good little brainwashed wagie. It's only the (((media))) that pushes this narrative about people being forced to piss in bottles (the horror!). If Amazon has double the injury rate of the rest of the industry, maybe it's bc their hiring process attracts Workers' Comp grifters. I thought robots did all the heavy lifting now anyways.
I couldn’t agree more. No one is forcing these people to work for Amazon. If they want better wages, benefits and work place conditions then they should either find a better job or unionize and shut the place down until they get what they want. If those warehouse workers all walked out together in a nation wide strike Amazon would be forced to the bargaining table. They couldn’t find enough scabs to cover the entire workforce, especially if the Amazon walkouts hold the picket line with their fists like unions used to do back in the day.

With social media as big as it is, a nationwide Amazon strike is definitely possible. The problem is most of the people who work in the warehouses can’t survive a single week without pay. Basically Bezos has got them by the balls.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
agree....when big brother gets involved they just make things worse....

would like to know average IQ of an Amazon worker.
The cream of the crop are the drivers and they look like refugees.