New car

menotyou

bella amicizia
Should I get the car----http://www.alanbyervolvo.com/inventory/details/2013-Volvo-S60-T5-Platinum/YV1612FH6D2186891/

Or, should I get the wagon----http://www.alanbyervolvo.com/inventory/details/2013-Volvo-XC70-32-Premier/YV4940BZ3D1156585/

Not sure which one to get. Wagon can carry a lot, including dogs. Which I will need when I move.

I love the car, cuz it has the technology package.

bluehdmc

Seems like to you want to be practical or ????

Personally I start getting a little overwhelmed by technology, especially things like radio controls in a car. I want something I can change stations, etc. without taking my eyes off the road.

You can pack a lot more junk in a wagon, but you could always rent a van to move.

gingerkat

Meno - Volvo's are sleek FAST cars! I drive the XC70 when I take my Volvo in for maintenance repair and it's great. It does not drive like a wagon, so thats a plus. Downside, after warranty runs out, repairs will cost an arm and a leg!

texan

Meno - Volvo's are sleek FAST cars! I drive the XC70 when I take my Volvo in for maintenance repair and it's great. It does not drive like a wagon, so thats a plus. Downside, after warranty runs out, repairs will cost an arm and a leg!
Hmmmm Great thought on the warranty. I rented a S60 T5 Turbo 2012 1/2 a year ago.

I want one soooo bad. That nice little 2.5 litter with 250 horse was so great on the interstate
and around town.

The car doors closed with a solid thump. The handling was superior. The brakes were the best.

I want a Volvo.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not happy with your VW?

If you get a good one they are ok but from what I have seen very few poeple end up with a good one. Most of them will end up nickel / dimeing you to death--(but its 100 dollar bills not 5 /10). German engineering my butt! I just realized there is no "cent" key on my puter. What ever a person gets the most important thing you can do is check out the dealers service department and get feed back from people who have bought from that particular dealer before.

DS

Fenderbender
$40 grand is a lot of money for a car.
If you are leasing it,that's at least $500 a month.
That's about twice what I pay for my civic.
If I was as rich as you I'd go BMW .

pretender

If you get a good one they are ok but from what I have seen very few poeple end up with a good one. Most of them will end up nickel / dimeing you to death--(but its 100 dollar bills not 5 /10). German engineering my butt! I just realized there is no "cent" key on my puter. What ever a person gets the most important thing you can do is check out the dealers service department and get feed back from people who have bought from that particular dealer before.

I can attest to that-We bought a Jetta for my wife in 1982, and it kept dying on her with no warning. It was still under warranty, so it did not cost us anything; but it was a major inconvenience. It got to the point where she was afraid to drive it, so we traded it in on an Accord. She drove it for eight years, then sold it to her sister, who eventually handed it down to her son.

In 2000, with the memory of the Jetta faded, I bought a Passat 4Motion. I loved driving that car, but it was always at the dealer for one thing or another. I finally could not take any more, and traded it in. Later on, my wife learned that the husband of a women she worked with, was a mechanic at the VW/Nissan dealer. He said that the VWs kept the service department in business...

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
If its a lease, & you plan on turning it in at the end, get the wagon.
If you are buying, like many said, think again. Those European cars will kill you on repairs.
I know a few people that sell their newer Audi
or BMWs right about the time the warranty ends.
If the cost of repairs isn't a big deal to you, go for it.
Me personally I like to but used at a cheap price & flip the car for profit down the road.
If I were buying new, I'd go Japanese, Honda or Toyota.
Good luck

Nimnim

The Nim
I currently drive a '94 940 volvo wagon. Not the best fuel efficiency, but it does what I need it to nicely, and I have no real complaints that someone with a 18 year old car wouldn't have. I did drive an '83 BMW 528e a few years before that. Loved that car to death, it was a dream until something went wrong then finding parts and someone who knew what they were doing with a car over 22 years old was a nightmare.

I've said if I ever win the lottery I'm going to get myself another 528e and get it restored properly.