New CDC Guidelines for Essential Employees

MassWineGuy

CDC issues new guidelines for essential workers who have been exposed to coronavirus

From CNN's Jason Hoffman

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield issued new guidelines for essential workers who have been exposed to the coronavirus, saying individuals would need to be asymptomatic to return to work

The guidelines, he said, are aimed at keeping essential workers, including first responders, health care workers, employees in the food supply chain and others at work -- even if they might have been exposed to someone who has coronavirus.

“These are individuals that have been within six feet of a confirmed case or a suspected case so that they can, under certain circumstances, they can go back to work if they are asymptomatic,” Redfield said.
Redfield said those individuals could return to their jobs if they take their temperature before work, wear a face mask at all times and practice social distancing at work.

He reiterated that people should stay home if they feel sick, should not share items used on or near their face and should refrain from congregating in break rooms and other crowded places.

The CDC’s new guidelines also outlined steps employers should take, including checking temperatures before employees start work, sending anyone who becomes sick home and cleaning commonly touched surfaces more frequently, among others.

MassWineGuy

Well, after trying to get answers on why we’re not following these guidelines, it looks like management will simply trust everyone to report any symptoms. Unlike in Memphis where they’re checking everyone’s temperature before entering.

Providing gloves, disinfectant and masks for everyone to use or not apparently covers the company’s legal requirements. Still, if someone did get sick or die, I think a decent case could be made by highlighting how some locations used significantly more effective measures.

Serf

I think a decent case could be made by highlighting how some locations used significantly more effective measures.
Wrongful death suits out the arse, and suspicious employees banging out no questions asked because they can get away with it.

doodlebug

Its called blowing up fedexalertline.com

They are now cleaning equipment, station, vans, trucks, etc

Sanitizer, gloves and masks miraculously appeared. Six foot rule in place.

We just got a walk thru temperature system at the facility across the way. Waiting for ours at the ramp, where the pilots walk through.

MassWineGuy

Now, now boys! I’m sure the company lawyers will have a good reason for why FedEx checked everyone for fever at some locations, but not all.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You know full well that the company will end up cutting a check whether they were liable in any way or not-----they were not.

Nope. Would establish a bad precedent. Didn't cut checks for the guys whose flight careers were ended from the jumpseat terrorist. They paid them what they were liable for via workers comp and so forth, but not a cent more.

MassWineGuy

From what I know, that guy got onboard in the proper manner. How would FedEx have known about his mental state or been responsible for what he did?

AB831

Well, after trying to get answers on why we’re not following these guidelines, it looks like management will simply trust everyone to report any symptoms. Unlike in Memphis where they’re checking everyone’s temperature before entering.

Providing gloves, disinfectant and masks for everyone to use or not apparently covers the company’s legal requirements. Still, if someone did get sick or die, I think a decent case could be made by highlighting how some locations used significantly more effective measures.
I’ve yet to see disinfectant anywhere in my station unless you’re counting the soap dispensers in the bathroom.