New Cell Phone Policy

He is talking about inside employees. Inside employees have no need to be on a cell phone at any time during the sort unless there is an emergency. You are in package and while your sup could just as easily contact you on the DIAD, it may be easier to use the cell phone (then again UPS doesn't pay your bill).

Your job can include work related cell phone usage if you so choose. Its really all preference. I know some driver's like to call their customers when they have difficulties delivering a package, but then again some don't. They don't want 10:30 pm phone calls from some angry old lady wanting to know where her package is at.
Then I apologize. I thought it was referring to all hourlies.

RogerThat

Operations Supervisor
Two words... work stoppage. If he isn't at a total hault however he can't be nailed for work stoppage. In that case, I would get him with the methods.

satellitedriver

You can't be on the phone while working....period...
You seem to have a problem with periods.
-( reference to another thread)-.
My sup's call me, while I am working, and I call them, almost daily.
Very common to get a DIAD message asking me to call the center.
With mutual interaction, we work together and get the job done.
The center , all sups, TCD's and fellow drivers have my cell #.
No chit chat, just meet points. Late air....ect... to correct the problems that have been solved by having a fast pre-load.
Cell phones are not the problem in pre-load.

L

Loufan

we're not allowed cell phones at my building for loaders, unloaders etc. Supervisors and the drivers can have them. I see no issue with it. We handle the packages the supervisors don't. We need to be focused while working. If you're on the phone during work you could not be paying attention and a box might fly down the chute and knock your texting ass out. Which would actually be kind of funny, but something UPS is totally against.

Also who knows what is yours and what came out of a package. If they allowed loaders to use cell phones at work they could hide their cell phone and snatch another cell or something. Drivers and management should be the only ones with phones.

Also I don't want to hear the bull about not being able to reach someone. You can give your family the work number or even the supervisors number. If someone needs to contact me in an emergency, they'll be able to.

RogerThat

Operations Supervisor
we're not allowed cell phones at my building for loaders, unloaders etc. Supervisors and the drivers can have them. I see no issue with it. We handle the packages the supervisors don't. We need to be focused while working. If you're on the phone during work you could not be paying attention and a box might fly down the chute and knock your texting ass out. Which would actually be kind of funny, but something UPS is totally against.

Also who knows what is yours and what came out of a package. If they allowed loaders to use cell phones at work they could hide their cell phone and snatch another cell or something. Drivers and management should be the only ones with phones.

Also I don't want to hear the bull about not being able to reach someone. You can give your family the work number or even the supervisors number. If someone needs to contact me in an emergency, they'll be able to.

Very well said.:happy-very:

A

anonymous6

ANYTHING that distracts you while working ( especially around machinery ) is unsafe .

common sense.