New Contract Effectiveness (On Topic)

ThatOnePreloader

Unprofessional Professional
So haven't been at UPS quite long enough to see a new contract come through so next August will be my first. Just had a question on when the contract would come into effect, say a pay raise or something about PVDs is introduced in the contract in August of 2018. When exactly would a change go into effect? Immediately? At the beginning of the following year? :confused:

Rack em

Made the Podium
As soon as the contract is passed (if it passes), it would go into effect. So it should be August 1st, 2018, but if it goes like last time then we would work under the old contract until the new one gets settled. But screw the PVD deal, if I see that I am voting NO.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
As soon as the contract is passed (if it passes), it would go into effect. So it should be August 1st, 2018, but if it goes like last time then we would work under the old contract until the new one gets settled. But screw the PVD deal, if I see that I am voting NO.

Kinda. The effective date would be outlined on page 1 "For the Period ........ through..........". Language is usually (unless otherwise noted) not retro back, but finances are for the most part. The new Contract shouldn't take affect until Aug. 1, 2018 either way.

ThatOnePreloader

Unprofessional Professional
Kinda. The effective date would be outlined on page 1 "For the Period ........ through..........". Language is usually (unless otherwise noted) not retro back, but finances are for the most part. The new Contract shouldn't take affect until Aug. 1, 2018 either way.
Cool, thanks guys

Observer

The usual date would be August 1, 2018, however, a lot of times the contract goes past the effective date. Just be glad you're not a Louisville air mechanic - they've been "discussing" their contract for 4 years.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Ummmmm strike?

They are considered an airline and don't have the same rules to follow as us. They follow the Railway Act and not the National Labor Relations Act. They have to give notice....have mediators appointed....cooling off period....again request to strike.....have a board hearing...... As you can see, it takes a while and the Government is in on everything. They ultimately have the right to say no strike.

Darnell Clay

Ummmmm strike?
The union has outlived it usefulness. At this point, it is a sanctuary for a bunch of lazy to whine and complain their way through the day. I'm done with the teamsters. I'd rather make it on my own than have to be grouped in with a bunch of scum that should have been fired years ago. The way the union is tied to all of the political corruption is sickening. Get out of the union as fast as you can if you want to be successful.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The union has outlived it usefulness. At this point, it is a sanctuary for a bunch of lazy to whine and complain their way through the day. I'm done with the teamsters. I'd rather make it on my own than have to be grouped in with a bunch of scum that should have been fired years ago. The way the union is tied to all of the political corruption is sickening. Get out of the union as fast as you can if you want to be successful.
Have fun without the union after your co workers see your real name bashing them on the interwebs.....

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Make sure on your next paycheck, only keep minimum wage and send the rest back to the company because the ol devil union negotiated the rest of it for you. Don't forget to turn down your insurance and pension. You're welcome.

Do you even work at UPS??

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
FedEx is non union. Are you going to start at $8 an hour and negotiate your own raises? I’ve read some dumb posts but you may have just clinched this years dumb post award.

Union Power

Silent member
Even so. Only reason they start there is because the Teamsters negotiated $18.75 to start at UPS. My point is, it’s easy to say you don’t need a union after you inherit all the benifits of one.
Realistically who starts at $18.75? Full time employees going into driving?
Part time starting pay is welfare wages without the healthcare coverage for a year.

The full-time wages and bennies are good but the strength of a union is it's CBA and it's only as good as those who enforce it when it's breached.

Not having a CBA is a gamble today but it looks like the Clay poster is angry with the representation they have. Few on here can help that issue. Many can sympathize with this poster but for the good of everyone in the bargaining unit we've got to keep rowing or we may sink.

542thruNthru

You're a fool. You're the guy that will bitch and complain to your steward then file a grievance when your check isn't right. Then turn around and say "I'd rather make it on my own then be part of the union."

Guys like you always want to point out what's wrong at the top of your lungs and never be thankful for what you have.

Go die in a ally. ;)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

125dfbbb1bdf15ba7f2b4461641d7903902eca47d82a45dba756579b0164cc3d.jpg

If @Darnell Clay had the guts to leave UPS.... he would.

anHOURover

Even so. Only reason they start there is because the Teamsters negotiated $18.75 to start at UPS. My point is, it’s easy to say you don’t need a union after you inherit all the benifits of one.
FALSE
who starts at 18.75?
What percentage of the work force slugger?
All you do is post wrong information!
Just like when you said I was wrong About the Boston bully being fired ! You need to start posting the facts !! What's in the water up there in roosterland?
Cock a doodle doooooooo
FACT