New contract pay progression question

HULKAMANIA

I was asked by someone Friday this question and I couldn't give them an honest answer.

If you were a driver that was qualified on the old 3 year pay progression contract and if that progression changes on this contract is that driver entitled to any raises? Lets say the driver was being paid the 20.75 and has 5 months left until making top pay. I don't know if the new contract changes this or not but lets say theres another raise leading up to the top pay. Is that driver entitled to that?

upschuck

He stays in the three year progression. Art 41.2(c) states those entering FT job after aug1, 2013 will get the four year progression.

HULKAMANIA

That's what I said but a feeder driver that was involved in this discussion told me that I was wrong. Are you certain this is correct?

UPSER110

Here is the way I look at it.... If you were hired prior to 8/1/13 you are under the 3 year progression. When you signed the bid sheet to go friend/T you knew that you were signing up for a 3 year progression ( the new contract didn't exist) there is no way that will change. I kind of sucks for me because I was hired friend/T at the end of September 2013, under a contract extension since we are all following the "old" contract rules, I feel that I should fall under the "old" progression. But when the new one is ratified it will be back dated so I will fall under the 4 year.