New Contract Proposal

Addison Feeder Driver

The new contract proposal is an insult to all UPS workers. The healthcare is an issue and seems to be the only issue everybody is talking about. I have several other issues. The contract adds another year to the pay progression. In Chicago drivers start out as seasonal drivers and have to work several seasons before being hired full time. This seasonal time doesn't count towards pay progression. So under the new contract drivers will have to work on average about 6 years to start making decent money.
Probably a bigger slap in the face is that non union seasonal drivers start at $23/hour now. That's $6/hour more than current new full time union drivers. The pay scale is ridiculously low for new hires, so much that my wife has to work 2 jobs for us to stay afloat.
Next, the contract takes away our weekends. Instead of a Monday through Friday work week now they want a 24/7 day call availability. I have nobody to watch my 2 year old on the weekends and many drivers like to make plans on weekends, that's ridiculous that they are taking our only free time away. The old way of having volunteers for weekend work was fine.

Anybody else outraged about this terrible contract???? Please vote "NO"!!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's what happens when part timers don't vote and some drivers that vote yes and don't read over the proposals and don't care, and the people that don't vote.

The new contract proposal is an insult to all UPS workers. The healthcare is an issue and seems to be the only issue everybody is talking about. I have several other issues. The contract adds another year to the pay progression. In Chicago drivers start out as seasonal drivers and have to work several seasons before being hired full time. This seasonal time doesn't count towards pay progression. So under the new contract drivers will have to work on average about 6 years to start making decent money.
Probably a bigger slap in the face is that non union seasonal drivers start at $23/hour now. That's $6/hour more than current new full time union drivers. The pay scale is ridiculously low for new hires, so much that my wife has to work 2 jobs for us to stay afloat.
Next, the contract takes away our weekends. Instead of a Monday through Friday work week now they want a 24/7 day call availability. I have nobody to watch my 2 year old on the weekends and many drivers like to make plans on weekends, that's ridiculous that they are taking our only free time away. The old way of having volunteers for weekend work was fine.

Anybody else outraged about this terrible contract???? Please vote "NO"!!!!
705 vote no

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
That's what happens when part timers don't vote and some drivers that vote yes and don't read over the proposals and don't care, and the people that don't vote.
Don't forget the members on BC that outright rooted for this, like Stink and 407. This contract was god's gift according to them.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I didnt agree with them on the conract, but atleast they voted. If you want to be pissed, then be so , at your union brothers that didnt vote!
I am upset with them. How many lazy voters did they influence? How many posts did they put up that said to "VOTE YES"?
After pointing out the problems with the contract, like HC, longer wage progression and other items, they still were on here 24/7 saying over and over to "VOTE YES".
None voters didn't vote yes. I put the blame where it belongs, on the yes voters and the yes cheerleaders.

No comment
I am upset with them. How many lazy voters did they influence? How many posts did they put up that said to "VOTE YES"?
After pointing out the problems with the contract, like HC, longer wage progression and other items, they still were on here 24/7 saying over and over to "VOTE YES".
None voters didn't vote yes. I put the blame where it belongs, on the yes voters and the yes cheerleaders.
Blame the lazy 62% of the employees that were to lazy, to mark an X on a peice of paper. Put it in an envelope and shove it in the mailbox. I guess it was a waste of their time! Thats way too much work to do,!

You think they worked with Hoffa/Hall on this using this forum?