New Contract Question

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Would save them a lot of money.

But what have they done in the past makes you think that's what they are aiming for? My theory would also save them money, and their negotiating history at least partially supports it. The progression has been extended approximately 6 times (my best guess based on conversations with drivers who've been around longer than me). Plus, you didn't mention what they are shooting for as a starting wage, so it's not a given that such a plan would necessarily save money.

IESucks

Hi yall!! I am hoping to get a little help. I have searched the forum everyway I could think to find these answers, no luck. I know that starting rate for the 2013-2018 contract went up to 18.75 from 16.75. If history repeats itself the starting rate should go up again with the new contract, correct? Possibly to $20.75.

If the new contract brings the starting rate up to 20.75 (+$2 just like last contract) and you are in the second year of progression, you're making 19.50... would you be given a raise? Or would drivers with less seniority be making more then you?

I know it's all speculation but any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. :happy-very:
No body here knows or can tell what might happen

IESucks

Don’t worry about the money it will come. Start thinking about doing everything without your husband. Soon you will see very little of him and when you do he’ll be trying to recover from the mental and physical abuse. It’s very hard if you have kids and NO ONE could ever understand what this job does to you unless you’ve done it. I wish you guys the best
Best response ever

Over 70

My current job (Not at UPS) is also teamster bargained. We have a 4 year progression as well but it's -$6.00/hr when you start with a $1.50/hr raise yearly until you reach top rate for your job on top of whatever 2-4% raise/year negotiated for that contract period. Once at top rate you automatically go to top rate for higher paying positions you might bid on in the future.

It still sucks but is much more reasonable. I always thought it was crap that UPS' progression went by actual worked weeks. It's like a giant loophole for them to hire PT drivers/hub workers and string them along for 10+ years before they actually hit top rate. Reg-temp (TCD) in my region went by progression. There wasn't the 85% of top rate stuff that the south gets. I made 18.75 driving part time. Most TCD's had been driving on and off for almost 10 years when they were hitting top rate.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I will always stand by him. He is working hard long hours to give us a great life. He has always worked long hours, nothing I can't handle. Sure I miss him and love spending time with him but we make up for that when he comes home every night and on the weekends :wink-very:. I will ALWAYS stand by him and support him. I am his pitcrew. :happy-very:

Thanks for your concern... but he's stuck with me!
fake news

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The progression will probably be 5 to 7 years with the new contract.
UPS wants a tiered wage system implemented with this contract.
It will reduce the top Driver Service Provider rate 17.5% to 23.25% for all Full Time DSPs hired after the contract goes into effect
UPS wants huge concessions with this contract.

The Teamsters better be ready to strike and be out for a long time.