New day for Orion

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not here, two were former driver sups that hated doing operations so they volunteered. The others were "recruited" from various depts at corporate by their boss. This is a fact.

I laughed when I read this. There is a supervisor that started in your building and got kicked down to my building a few years ago because she is incompetent. She disappeared again and is now on the ORION team thats currently back in my Hub.

andrsnbkj

I covered a 75 stop, 250 mile rural route yesterday. Finished in 9.5 hours. We don't have Orion in our center yet. Something dawned on me as I finished up. It took MY decision making skills just to finish this up in 9.5. What the hell is a day on the route going to look like with Orion?!
A lot longer than 9 5

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I laughed when I read this. There is a supervisor that started in your building and got kicked down to my building a few years ago because she is incompetent. She disappeared again and is now on the ORION team thats currently back in my Hub.

I am anticipating the same when Orion makes it's splash down with us this summer. Same person?? Hmmmm

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We also got the speech about how "WE " need to fix our DOL to make the transition easier for Orion. Not my problem either. When EDD came in I did it 3 times. Never got fixed. They better have saved the last 3.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We also got the speech about how "WE " need to fix our DOL to make the transition easier for Orion. Not my problem either. When EDD came in I did it 3 times. Never got fixed. They better have saved the last 3.
Funny thing too my DOL was perfect on my trip before Orion. A trip that I used to cover has the most screwed up DOL ever, yet his mileage allowance is thru the roof. You could beat it all day and twice on Sunday. Effing thing sucks.

Overpaid Union Thug

We was told today to run Orion 100% no if, and, or buts. No switching to edd. No matter where it takes you, u have to do it!.......

I think its coming in my center soon. The word circulating around the building is that our center isn't doing so well with ORION and that it has gotten the attention of the desk jockeys from afar.

I can promise you this though.....if we are instructed to to get 100% trace, or even the "correct" miles, they will regret it. And the beauty of it is that none of us will have to do anything wrong. LOL!

By The Book

My favorite parts of my Orion ride were the Orion supe showing me how to back without telematics "seeing" it and that I should never try to beat the miles as my dispatch will just go down and my stop count go up.
He shot you straight with his last statement. Care to share on the backing so telematics can't see it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You can and should break trace to make service on air packages. When you make a delivery on a street with lots of other stops, do every other stop on that street if you need to. It's not a break in trace if they're all on the same street. Break trace to make service on business stops. If orion wants you to go several miles to deliver to an area that you would be going past later in the day just scroll down past those stops and hit left arrow to lock your location in edd and do them later when you are closer to them. If you have 200 stops you can break trace 20 times and still be 90 percent on trace.

Way to much thinking goin on

Mr.Golden

I think its coming in my center soon. The word circulating around the building is that our center isn't doing so well with ORION and that it has gotten the attention of the desk jockeys from afar.

I can promise you this though.....if we are instructed to to get 100% trace, or even the "correct" miles, they will regret it. And the beauty of it is that none of us will have to do anything wrong. LOL!

I believe they are pushing management to fix the "solution" since most can't run 85 and above. Drivers don't have time to calculate how many breaks they do. We all know what 100% is

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
He shot you straight with his last statement. Care to share on the backing so telematics can't see it.
Yeah slave has it right. Works real good on cul de sacs where cars are parked and you can't quite swing around without backing. Put it in reverse and give a good tap on the gas then throw it in neutral before your tires spin a full turn and coast as long as you can/need to. It won't show up. I also found if you need to get further in reverse you can put it in reverse while your still coasting and back into neutral if you need a little more umphh. Just another example of bean counters being so stupid, you won't show as backing and so far there is no transmission destruction report!

OPTION3

I don't care enough about their numbers to cut corners to meet some metric......you realize if you back into something while your car is in neutral, it's a rollaway accident? Terminable offense.....and yes telematics can prove it

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I'm finally getting trained on my new route. Its on Orion and I was only trained on it 2 days. Monday I'm flying solo.

Bring on the 9.5 grievance chedda!!

Big J

How much money have they plowed into Orion and how much more will be spent trying to implement this thing? That's one thing about UPS if they get an idea in their head it doesn't matter how much it cost they just want to prove it so calls works. Yes it's a complete disaster. Every day your route changes but in that one day they came out to map it, it now is set in stone and makes no sense on how to run it. They are taking the decision making away from the driver and the customer service out of United Parcel.

Big J

Orion wants us to go up one way streets and cross 4 lanes of traffic to get a stop off then cross back and forth on the 4 lane instead stay one one side of the highway and do one side then the other. Complete disaster!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could it be that they are using Orion 1.0 to work out the kinks before transitioning to Orion 2.0, which will include real-time manifest updating and turn by turn navigation?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't care enough about their numbers to cut corners to meet some metric......you realize if you back into something while your car is in neutral, it's a rollaway accident? Terminable offense.....and yes telematics can prove it
Not to mention the fact that after dark the only way to make your back-up lights work is to have the transmission in reverse. Putting it in neutral and backing up blind in order to keep from showing up on a meaningless report is not something I have any intention of ever doing.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Could it be that they are using Orion 1.0 to work out the kinks before transitioning to Orion 2.0, which will include real-time manifest updating and turn by turn navigation?
They aren't working out any kinks.

They are demanding that we generate an arbitrary compliance metric so that they don't get chewed out by some empty suit on a conference call.