New Delivery Notices?

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
Ran into a Package Driver at a Feeder pick up and he showed me these new notes they are being asked to put on people's cars when they suspect they may be blocking them. What do y'all think about this idea ?
20180208_151035.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How about just take the extra time you would be placing notes, and find a spot where you aren't blocking anybody? I have the worst luck with this sort of thing, it seems like when I happen to block a driveway, the person who lives there shows up or starts backing out of the garage, right then, more often than random chance should allow for. It's worse at commercial stops blocking parking spaces. I'll just find an out of the way spot and pull out the hand truck.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How about just take the extra time you would be placing notes, and find a spot where you aren't blocking anybody? I have the worst luck with this sort of thing, it seems like when I happen to block a driveway, the person who lives there shows up or starts backing out of the garage, right then, more often than random chance should allow for. It's worse at commercial stops blocking parking spaces. I'll just find an out of the way spot and pull out the hand truck.
Don’t find yourself in a city often I guess. Or in a hood city, yeah, let me walk even farther from my only protection (the big brown truck) so I don’t block in this crackheads illegal park job.

F

Frankie's Friend

Great deterrent alerting the driver of the parked car that you are double parked behind them. (Hit while parked.) I hope they are adhesive so they can be stuck on the drivers window.

F

Frankie's Friend

Sometimes tough to do in a downtown metro area especially when running off next day airs.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Looks like one those things that sounds good on paper and at a lot of places it probably is

But, you know UPS will bastardize the hell out of it

F

Frankie's Friend

If we applied one of these notices and the car still hits us, whos at fault? Oh yeah , the driver still...
Looks like the company is complicit. They approved the use of the notes and therefore the reason for using them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Don’t find yourself in a city often I guess. Or in a hood city, yeah, let me walk even farther from my only protection (the big brown truck) so I don’t block in this crackheads illegal park job.

Sometimes tough to do in a downtown metro area especially when running off next day airs.

I'll block people in if I have to, the point was more about taking the time to put the notes on the cars. If I'm somehow blocking in 4 or 5 cars, I could probably have made the delivery in the same amount of time it would have taken to post the notes. We could be like the post office and put notes on people's cars telling them they're in our way.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sounds like @MyTripisCut and @Sickofit can answer your question better than I can. It's pretty rare that I'm in such a position.
My route is in the hood too, but I don't see the truck as a bunker.

I'll never say "I never", but I embrace the methods to make my day easier....

....and it works.

One pad of those notes would likely last me for the rest of my career.