Ironhawk

Hi,
I am still in my packet, and have gotten word that I may be fired, because I have too much over allowance. I am about 3 weeks in, and have busted my butt, no lunch just stops and miles as fast as I can. Not sure what I can do to improve, other than better navigation to stops, but I am going as fast as I can. My route has never been consistent either, I am put in many instances in totally different areas I have never been to. To top it off I have had several days off each week, while I have been in my packet, so that has also prevented me from learning route. Also, the On the road supervisor opens the doors and helps deliver the packages when they are on the road with me, so it speeds up the process when they are with me. They also navigate with their phone to help out. Not sure what the best thing to do is, but I sure did not expect them to tell me the center mgr. is about to fire me. I have been doing me best, even running to stops. Any advice?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Hi,
I am still in my packet, and have gotten word that I may be fired, because I have too much over allowance. I am about 3 weeks in, and have busted my butt, no lunch just stops and miles as fast as I can. Not sure what I can do to improve, other than better navigation to stops, but I am going as fast as I can. My route has never been consistent either, I am put in many instances in totally different areas I have never been to. To top it off I have had several days off each week, while I have been in my packet, so that has also prevented me from learning route. Also, the On the road supervisor opens the doors and helps deliver the packages when they are on the road with me, so it speeds up the process when they are with me. They also navigate with their phone to help out. Not sure what the best thing to do is, but I sure did not expect them to tell me the center mgr. is about to fire me. I have been doing me best, even running to stops. Any advice?
I quit reading at "no lunch", not only should you be DQ'd for not taking you're lunch, but if you are over allowed without taking one then you aren't cut out for driving.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I quit reading at "no lunch", not only should you be DQ'd for not taking you're lunch, but if you are over allowed without taking one then you aren't cut out for driving.
In all fairness, most noobs skip lunch while they are trying to qualify. However, being 3 weeks in, you're right skipping lunch AND being over might be time to go.

Rack em

Made the Podium
In all fairness, most noobs skip lunch while they are trying to qualify. However, being 3 weeks in, you're right skipping lunch AND being over might be time to go.
Most new drivers organize their truck during lunch, but no one should ever skip lunch or put lunch in their board and keep delivering.

Ironhawk

What gets me is that I am thrown into completely new areas every time I have gone out to yet. I have never run the same route twice. I understand you will have different streets in the same area, as no one will order the same every day and other people will order, but I am thrown into completely new areas, is that standard. I thought when you were in your packet you would run the same area. I am in what is called a split car, I guess it means it will sometimes have parts of other routes on it. I dunno, it seems they are trying to push it to be done faster than possible to me. I am in pretty damn good shape, and bust it, but to no avail. yet. Even with mgr. on truck helping, the main supervisor said we were too slow!

Ironhawk

Many older drivers do not take lunch during peak, and some wait until the end of the day. I have walked into the office after my route was finished, and older drivers and taking their lunch before they clock out at 9 pm.

Faceplanted

Man.... imagine how we did it before edd and every package being in your diad, with no gps and being sent out blind.

If your skipping lunch and still running :censored2: #s you suck. The job isn't for everybody. Some people are too high strung and think they are moving "fast", in actuality they suck

If your getting cut this time of year you over allow must be horendious

Ironhawk

Even with manager on car punching in GPS and helping deliver we are still too slow. I think it is the route. I had another route last year that was pretty much the same every day, and nailed it. This route is constantly changing. I feel like I am being set up to fail. Maybe mgr. does not like me? I was told that they will give you impossible routes if they do not like you. Not sure why they would not though, I have worked every Saturday I can and do not give up until I am finished.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Even with manager on car punching in GPS and helping deliver we are still too slow. I think it is the route. I had another route last year that was pretty much the same every day, and nailed it. This route is constantly changing. I feel like I am being set up to fail. Maybe mgr. does not like me? I was told that they will give you impossible routes if they do not like you. Not sure why they would not though, I have worked every Saturday I can and do not give up until I am finished.
GPS?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

How did you have a route last year and not be qualified? Are you a seasonal?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ummmmm your sup shouldn't need a GPS. Maybe the problem is the people training you don't know how to do the job either.

Ironhawk

Prior year was seasonal. Yes, mgr. is using gps, delivering pkgs, and opening cargo doors. They do not know the area either. However, with them navigating we are getting there quick, but it is still not enough to get what they consider scratch.