New Driver Help

im so glad i found this forum!! Anyway, my name is Anthony and ive been with UPS for almost 12 years. Last year in May i started training to become a driver. My training route was a split route that doesnt run everyday (one of the many ways ive been getting screwed).

Supposedly my 70 days were up in Sept (not sure if my math is right ) and I signed a 10 extension (which i found out today the union doesnt honor that even tho my rep was there with me while i signed it). That same week i stepped out that truck and rolled my ankle and had to go back on nights on light duty till i was cleared to return to driving. I was able to in Nov. I drove thru peak.

Now is where everything gets interesting. They told me i had 25 days in late January. Thats when they pretty much stopped working me. I begged them and the union to atleast let me go in at night to make some money since ive been there for 11 years. They told me I couldnt.

March I find out i have 14 days since im losing days not really working. And pretty much went down to 0 after that.

One week in March a $50 INIT FEE comes out. Same for the week after. So $100 off INIT FEEs came out. The week after I get a raise to $18.75 and start getting guaranteed pay. I gave all these checks to my union rep to see if he can find out what all this means back in April and as of yesterday, he still doesnt know. Im wondering if anybody here can help me out and tell me whats going on. Im sorry this is a long read. Any will do! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
This is the most confusing , craziest , mambo jumbo post I've seen in a long time. All I can tell you is if they took out initiation fees, and giving you driver rate , your considered a driver, if that's even what your asking????

Basically tonight i found out from the Local Sort union rep that i was lied to from my Union rep and my shop steward. I have guys from the outside who started after me making book and im still getting sent home

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Basically tonight i found out from the Local Sort union rep that i was lied to from my Union rep and my shop steward. I have guys from the outside who started after me making book and im still getting sent home

So grieve it and take the junior's work or just ask your center manager or BA what's really going on, not an internet forum who have no idea your circumstances.

Its getting to that point where ill probably have to. The union guy told me he will call me tuesday to let me know if i made book. He said he thinks im full time cause of the initiation fee that came out. I apologize that my first post was all over the place and confusing, im just fed up.

So grieve it and take the junior's work or just ask your center manager or BA what's really going on, not an internet forum who have no idea your circumstances.

basically im trying to find out what the initiation fee is. I could have just asked that in the first place i guess.

scooby0048

You haven't worked since March? Are you still out on comp? You are just now joining the union? Things aren't adding up quite right...

its hard to explain on a forum. i came hear to maybe help get answers cause ive been getting no answers for the past couple month.

Been in the Union for over 11 years.

never went on comp. i did them a favor by not going on comp and went on light duty for a month and a half. After peak i pretty much drove 0-3 days a week. I was lucky to work 3 days.

scooby0048

its hard to explain on a forum. i came hear to maybe help get answers cause ive been getting no answers for the past couple month.

never went on comp. i did them a favor by not going on comp and went on light duty for a month and a half. After peak i pretty much drove 0-3 days a week. I was lucky to work 3 days.

Last I checked, they don't take initiation fees out for 11 years...but what do I know

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Is English your first language? Maybe this is part of problem.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Been in the union for 11 years, still paying initiation fees, hiding injuries to help the company, getting the screwjob for driving, .....

bundy.gif

PT Car Washer

Yeah. If this post is legit his local management team does not want him. Have seen this before. No matter what you do, someone in higher wants you gone or just back PT.