New Driver in CA

BlueToBrown920

Just finished NSPT at the Integrad facility in Menlo Park, CA. I had tons of fun and learned a lot in a week. Just here to say hello and thanks for all of the info I found during my hiring process and training.

Any advice in preparation for my first day as new service provider hired off the street? Things I should get for myself to have when I show up?

Thanks!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NSPT----New Service Provider Training?

As a fellow off the street hire I should prepare you for the false sense of entitlement among those who worked their way up rather than being "given" a driving job.

Good luck.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Just finished NSPT at the Integrad facility in Menlo Park, CA. I had tons of fun and learned a lot in a week. Just here to say hello and thanks for all of the info I found during my hiring process and training.

Any advice in preparation for my first day as new service provider hired off the street? Things I should get for myself to have when I show up?

Thanks!
Advil...

BlueToBrown920

Upstate: Thanks for the heads up. I am certainly very lucky to be where I am right now and realize I haven't earned anything amongst seasoned UPSers.

Big Arrow: I bought Tylenol while at Integrad, thanks.

moreluck

golden ticket member
NSPT----New Service Provider Training?

As a fellow off the street hire I should prepare you for the false sense of entitlement among those who worked their way up rather than being "given" a driving job.

Good luck.
You never forget to mention the street hire thing.......geez, you're not the only one.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Upstate: Thanks for the heads up. I am certainly very lucky to be where I am right now and realize I haven't earned anything amongst seasoned UPSers.

Big Arrow: I bought Tylenol while at Integrad, thanks.

The fact that you realize you are lucky fortunate to
have this opportunity, places you in a distinctly different group than Upstate. There will be some resentment at first from those who worked part time for years waiting for a chance to drive.

You can greatly lessen this by working hard, heeding well intentioned advice, and generally being a team player. Or, you can exacerbate the negativity by continually reminding your coworkers that you were an outside hire.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The fact that you realize you are lucky fortunate to
have this opportunity, places you in a distinctly different group than Upstate. There will be some resentment at first from those who worked part time for years waiting for a chance to drive.

You can greatly lessen this by working hard, heeding well intentioned advice, and generally being a team player. Or, you can exacerbate the negativity by continually reminding your coworkers that you were an outside hire.

Never said I wasn't fortunate---I fully realize the opportunity I was given and have taken full advantage of it. What I have said repeatedly is that luck had nothing to do with it.