New Driver with vacation hours earned while working HUB - part time to full time transfer - On Topic

AlphaMikeBravo

Been with UPS 3 years and currently doing my 30 days. If I qualify, what happens to my vacation hours that I earned doing part-time? I noticed on my paycheck that the days got converted to hours. (example: I had 10 vacation days and it got converted to 40 hours)

Can I use those vacation days after I become a driver and get paid the driver rate on those hours?

Also, can I use the option days I earned as well? How does that get paid out?

AlphaMikeBravo

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to ask the center manager but I don't want to give the impression that qualification is in the bag. Currently on my 24th day and doing well according to the ORS, but I don't want to count my chickens yet, as I've seen plenty of teamster bros get disqualified on Day 29 and 30. UPS management can be damn right brutal during qualification.

Box Ox

At my location, all accrued vacation/sick/option day time is paid out at PT rate and you get all of the above back in the next calendar year. Not sure if it's different for those hired and going FT under the current contract.

jaker

trolling
Every place is different on how it works. Where I'm at you still get the time off, just paid at your part time rate and hours.
Same here , our vacation is based on 52 average week . I have heard if you can roll them over until you get a year of pkg driving then the checks will be better

It really depends on where you are at , so posting that info will help with a answer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here , our vacation is based on 52 average week . I have heard if you can roll them over until you get a year of pkg driving then the checks will be better

It really depends on where you are at , so posting that info will help with a answer

Our vacation checks are 45 hours paid at your current pay rate with no option to roll them over. Holidays are paid at 8 hours each and are in addition to the 45. Thanksgiving week is 61 hours of vacation pay (for now).

MendozaJ

They froze my vacation for one year, though I was paid out at my FT rate. A lot of guys will tell their sup they booked a non-refundable flight or something so they can still take it.

Option days we put in one week's notice and are approved based on seniority.