New driver wreck

I'm a new driver. I got my seniority date last week. Today, I was going through a yellow light and the car in front of me slammed on their brakes and I hit them. He wasn't injured but his car is smashed pretty bad. I didn't even know I had gotten my seniority date until I got back and one of the supervisors told me I had finished my 30 days, last week. Anyway, they told me to come in tomorrow in my browns and be ready to drive. But they also told me they're trying to figure out what tier wreck it was. Is there a chance I won't be driving anymore?

542thruNthru

I'm a new driver. I got my seniority date last week. Today, I was going through a yellow light and the car in front of me slammed on their brakes and I hit them. He wasn't injured but his car is smashed pretty bad. I didn't even know I had gotten my seniority date until I got back and one of the supervisors told me I had finished my 30 days, last week. Anyway, they told me to come in tomorrow in my browns and be ready to drive. But they also told me they're trying to figure out what tier wreck it was. Is there a chance I won't be driving anymore?

If that's your real name change it.

In before @trickpony1 !

Also you will not lose your driving job. You'll be harrassed and treated like scum for a week or so and probably get a warning letter but that should be it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Expect a space and visibility ride, and remember to set your line of decision on stale green lights. As @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U pointed out, if you had a proper following distance, you probably wouldn't have been trying to go through the yellow light. Good luck, learn from this, and don't hit stuff with your package car. You'll be fine.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We are desperate for bodies. It’s peak vacation time and desperately short on drivers. They probably won’t even mention it ever again.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my building, a tier 3 is an automatic firing. There is also a grievance immediately fired. In my building, I would expect that you would be off 1-5 days. If you work tomorrow, you will have a read from either a supe or the center manager. How well you do on the ride may determine your future.

542thruNthru

In my building, a tier 3 is an automatic firing. There is also a grievance immediately fired. In my building, I would expect that you would be off 1-5 days. If you work tomorrow, you will have a read from either a supe or the center manager. How well you do on the ride may determine your future.

Sounds like a weak local. I would hope they fight for back pay.

barnyard

KTM rider
Sounds like a weak local. I would hope they fight for back pay.

I do not know for sure. Our last tier 3 was over a year ago and the one before that was several years ago.

As far as a strong or weak local... I have nothing to compare it to. I feel like my representation has been more than adequate (I have filed 2 grievances and won them both.)

542thruNthru

I do not know for sure. Our last tier 3 was over a year ago and the one before that was several years ago.

As far as a strong or weak local... I have nothing to compare it to. I feel like my representation has been more than adequate (I have filed 2 grievances and won them both.)

We've never had anyone fired for a accident. Unless they lied about it. A tier 3 is a term the company uses. If it was a very serious accident where the driver was extremely reckless I can understand. But a tier 3 could be a minor accident in a intersection.

It sounds wrong is all I'm trying to say and I don't think a local should allow it without fighting tooth and nail.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
As far as I know, a rollaway is the only automatic walk to the gate where I’m at.